website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2026

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s informal at major events, just like Halfpipe, Slopestyle, etc.

No, slopestyle clearly has set rules. Like each feature being worth certain amount of points, and each of them being scored separetely. Halfpipe also has quantifiable scores.

Breaking is just some so-called experts choosing between two cool acts.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

I respect your opinion about Golf and Hockey (despite I don't agree at all)...;)

but Archery and Shooting are not only about "standing in place", sorry...:evil:

I know, just like Breaking isn’t about people having “epileptic seizures.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

No, slopestyle clearly has set rules. Like each feature being worth certain amound of points, and each of them being scored separetely. Halfpipe also has quantifiable scores.

Breaking is just some so-called experts choosing between two cool acts.

Well, outside the Olympics/FIS the major Halfpipe/Slopestyle events have more open judging.

Becuase that’s the culture of breaking. It’s about appealing to the audience, and battling for their support one-on-one. You win through technical superiority, and strategic choreography. 

In my opinion, Breaking has earned it’s place on the program. It draws large crowds, and creates an incredible atmosphere. It’s easily televised. The format is simple and understandable. It’s a chance for Dancesport to finally feature at the Olympics. The sport requires very little quotas (32 max). The sport enjoys high participation in terms of countries represented.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

But can we at the very least call the athletes athletes? Instead of b-boys and b-girls? :cry: 

Fine, let's assume it is there to stay. And let's assume they want people who don't care now to get interested and let's just for the sake of argument assume a few regular sports fans will stick around for it. How are we supposed to take this sport serious when even in the 'highest level' it is literally just about 'boys' and 'girls' (in the official terminology!) and not at the very least about men and women? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, outside the Olympics/FIS the major Halfpipe/Slopestyle events have more open judging.

Becuase that’s the culture of breaking. It’s about appealing to the audience, and battling for their support one-on-one. You win through technical superiority, and strategic choreography. 

In my opinion, Breaking has earned it’s place on the program. It draws large crowds, and creates an incredible atmosphere. It’s easily televised. The format is simple and understandable. It’s a chance for Dancesport to finally feature at the Olympics. The sport requires very little quotas (32 max). The sport enjoys high participation in terms of countries represented.

Large crowds? I'd like some proof of that. :p

And even if there are - music festivals draw even larger crowds. They are televised. They create an incredible atmosphere. Music is simple and everpresent. So I guess singing has earned its place too.

So basically none of these arguments make any sense if the sport is not organized on any kind of level (as in, at least having some kind of official judging rulebook/guidelines).

#banbestmen

Why is it postponed for 4 years?:lol: couldn't it be for 1 or 2?   

I'm sad about the generation of athletes that won't have this experience. Despite the joke sports the event has a beautiful energy, one of the most engaging things I attended to as sport fan.

19 minutes ago, dcro said:

Large crowds? I'd like some proof of that. :p

Your proof sir :hatoff:

28872F1A-441F-4533-BB6A-DFE1D513782D.jpeg
032E19F3-C4C2-42F8-9641-7542B10F0D39.jpeg

D91A017A-21C5-408F-A20E-F208909284CE.jpeg

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I just realized that athletes born in Summer Olympic years will never be eligible (in most sports) to compete at Summer YOG. Oh the irony. :lol:

It's IOC and the Youth Olympics...I think it's a little early to say 'never' :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!