website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2026

Totallympics

Then again, Paris has already had Olympic croquet of all places, so :dunno: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Is there even any kind of official code of points for breaking? Any judging guidelines outside of "Do you think this is cool?"? Anything at all?

This definitely suggests there is, assuming "Is it cool?" is not one of the criteria.

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It was based on skill. There was criteria that the judges were looking for.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

my friends, really...

I just can't understand (and never I'll do it) how a bunch of kids having seizures like epileptics can be put into the Olympic program...:nopompom: :facepalm:

It’s better than watching grass grow (Golf and Field Hockey), and it requires more physicality than standing in place (archery and shooting).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is there even any kind of official code of points for breaking? Any judging guidelines outside of "Do you think this is cool?"? Anything at all?

It’s informal at major events, just like Halfpipe, Slopestyle, etc.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This definitely suggests there is, assuming "Is it cool?" is not one of the criteria.

There was defined criteria for the qualification submissions, but the judging was more open at the YOG itself.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s better than watching grass grow (Golf and Field Hockey), and it requires more physicality than standing in place (archery and shooting).

Field hockey uses synthetic turf, so joke's on you. And yeah, I've never been a fan of most of the indoor shooting events, for me they have as much place in the Olympics as breakdancing. Archery is rather underestimated by people though.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Field hockey uses synthetic turf, so joke's on you.

So I can’t even watch the grass grow then!?! :p

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I respect your opinion about Golf and Hockey (despite I don't agree at all)...;)

but Archery and Shooting are not only about "standing in place", sorry...:evil:

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

So I can’t even watch the grass grow then!?! :p

No, but with a bit of luck you can see people's teeth being knocked out!