website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3rd & 4th from the world championships (who were 2nd & 3rd in 2022)

2nd in Tokyo Olympics 

2023 World Cup winner

4 men looking for 2 available pommel horse sports next year. I said it earlier but 2 genuine medal contenders will miss out 

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Great result for McClenaghan and it will give him a huge confidence boost ahead of next year's Olympics, but I do think that going into Paris, he will have to up his degree of difficulty towards 6.6-6.7.

He has stuck with his 6.4 DD routine through Tokyo, Liverpool WC and Antwerp largely because he knows that he can nail the execution score but in doing so, he is leaving the door open to his competitors. 

He performed a 6.6 difficulty routine at the Paris world cup a month ago. Pretty sure he only didn't break it out here because he didn't need to push for a 15.400/ 15.500. It is mostly the same routine just with one different element near the start as I understand it. Now at the same time he did only score 15.100 for that routine in Paris but just to point out that he does have 6.6 D score in him.

Edited by Ogreman

3 hours ago, dodge said:

3rd & 4th from the world championships (who were 2nd & 3rd in 2022)

2nd in Tokyo Olympics 

2023 World Cup winner

4 men looking for 2 available pommel horse sports next year. I said it earlier but 2 genuine medal contenders will miss out 

Made the harder by the fact that, fall or not, Whitlock is clearly back and in form. Sometimes the long break is too much to come back from. Clearly not in Max's case.

Would be kinda funny if Ryhs completed the grand slam - Olympic, world, continental and commonwealth - before Max did...

39 minutes ago, bestmen said:

What hell ,is it true 1 silver for nemour ? 

From an Irishman, I am delighted for ye, for your country, your region and the continent - there is something amazing that first time you think "this can't be done, We don't win world/olympic medals at this". and then one of your own goes and wins one. Gamechanging.

Nemour performed the 6.7 D routine instead of the 6.9 D, so she played it "safe" here. If she had gone all the way, she would have earned gold. Still, a phenomenal result and the first-ever medal for an African nation at the senior World Championships (an Egyptian gymnast got a medal this year at Junior Worlds).

Okay, I have to admire the consistency of Liu, Petrounias and You on rings, but I'm bummed for the other gymnasts. Davtyan has been chasing this medal for more than a decade now... He always comes so, so close!

On pommels, it was a nice result despite a weak final. Excellent performance from the Irish gentleman and the silver-medalist from the USA, but everybody else kind of disappointed me. Still, another impressive medal for Jordan. Who would have thought? Two in a row!

Floor was exciting, but I'm worried about Yulo. He deserves an Olympic medal, still his performances have not been all that great. I'm super happy with a medal for Karimi, though. He's one of my favorite gymnasts!

And I don't even have to mention how excited I am to see Rebeca Andrade becoming the world champion once again! Also, I'm super happy for Yeo. She also deserved this medal so much. Biles took a risk and it did not pay off, but she is the greatest of all time and nobody will take this away from her.