website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

45 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I disagree. I think it's important to have more team events in traditionally individual sports because this fosters partnership between athletes in the same nation. They are a team, not rivals, and this makes a huge difference. The more events we have like this, the more they will act, train and compete as a team. Besides, there's nothing wrong with providing more medal chances to the best programs in the world. I wish we had more team events in artistic gymnastics, for example.

But all of these things are so much alike. The world championships aren't even over yet and I already have no idea who won what :p I know Australia won some.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

None of the Canadian swimmers look their best except Mac Neil and perhaps Oleksiak. 7 medals is amazing considering that.

Pickrem?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

36 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Relays are fine, but the mixed 4x100m relays are a bit redundant, especially the freestyle one, either have gendered or mixed. I think it would be more interesting to have 4x50m relays or perhaps a 4x200m medley relay

Please no 4 x 200 medley relay, would be even less exciting than the usual medley relay. Why not introduce a 4 x 400 m relay ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Pickrem?

She's said in each interview that she's not happy with her times.  Still PBs in the finals and medals around her neck, so as a viewer I'd say she's doing her best.  But according to her she can do better.  

23 hours ago, GoHungary! said:

No way he would have a chance next to Kenderesi... Kenderesi had quite an unlucky WC... A swim-off, a knee injury, coming back to Hungary a surgery is waiting for him, then Milák destroying Phelps record must have been demoralizing for him.

Cseh Laci will go down in the history books as forever 2nd behind Phelps. Poor thing. :(

His chances for an olympic gold are definitely over. There was nothing he could have done in 2008 when he was at his best, because Phelps was just a bit better in 3 events. His best chance would have been the 100 fly at the 2012 olympics where it took only 51.21 to win gold.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Personally, I really like relays but I find the 4x100 and 4x200 redundant.  It's always the same countries winning medals.  However, now that Canada wins medals in these I think they're the best thing ever and should stay on the program.  :d

Just now, orangeman said:

She's said in each interview that she's not happy with her times.  Still PBs in the finals and medals around her neck, so as a viewer I'd say she's doing her best.  But according to her she can do better.  

I think that's what most swimmers say when they don't win gold. It will be hard enough for her to defend her medals next year, but i think she should drop the 200 breast. In both IM's she has a realistic chance to win minor medals.

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Greed is still good? Watch her bomb out at the Olympics next year!

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Greed is still good? Watch her bomb out at the Olympics next year!

I fail to see how an athlete wanting to improve is greedy, or deserving of negativity.  Wanting to do better is a good thing for everyone.