website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

But Canada looking good for the women's medley relay tomorrow.  Got the gold medalists in the back and fly, bronze medalist in the breast (if they go with Pickrem) and the defending Olympic champion in the free who just had the fastest time in this relay.  

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Ruck also had the 6th fastest time on her leg.  Not exactly impressive.  She has not had a great meet.  

Sanchez had a faster time in qualifications (by 0.02, but still, Ruck is supposed to be the next star).  

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Mixed relays are useless gimmick. It's only a reason to give the power house nations more chances to win easy medals :dunno:

I disagree. I think it's important to have more team events in traditionally individual sports because this fosters partnership between athletes in the same nation. They are a team, not rivals, and this makes a huge difference. The more events we have like this, the more they will act, train and compete as a team. Besides, there's nothing wrong with providing more medal chances to the best programs in the world. I wish we had more team events in artistic gymnastics, for example.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

I disagree. I think it's important to have more team events in traditionally individual sports because this fosters partnership between athletes in the same nation. They are a team, not rivals, and this makes a huge difference. The more events we have like this, the more they will act, train and compete as a team. Besides, there's nothing wrong with providing more medal chances to the best programs in the world. I wish we had more team events in artistic gymnastics, for example.

They're spending enough time together without the gimmick mixed relays :dunno: Add the NCAA programmes and all that crap and I'm surprised there's not more beef among them. It must be tiresome to hang around the same people time and time again for well over 10 years tbh :rolleyes:   Adding team events in individual sports is useless, it's as overrated as Ryder Cup in golf.

5 hours ago, phelps said:

Pilato! :yikes::yikes::yikes::bowdown:

our wonder baby seems not to be bothered by any sort of pressure...she improved her PB/NR once again in the heats...

and as expected, Wellbrock and Romanchuk are there, close to super-Greg (who said he's only used this morning's heat as a warm-up...I fear he not only wants to win the gold medal tomorrow, but also try to go for Sun's WR...and I'm not sure that would be a good and safe idea)...

the poor performance over the 800m free by both is already only a bad memory...

Wellbrock is still not at his best, i think Paltrinieri will break the world record and win by at least 10 seconds, Christiansen should win silver. Next year will be a completely different story though.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Nope, but I am genuinely interested in how Horton is going to pick this up (and Lilly King for example), or will they only go all-out against the big bad China and Russia?

It's not like this is the first famous australian swimmer getting caught in the last couple of years. As far as i know Horton didn't say anything about them, but of course those cases are nowhere near as bad as Sun Yang's case.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.