website statistics

Name the 5 biggest gold medal hopes for your country in Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Something like that

19 minutes ago, Styrka said:

:FRA

In no particular order :

• Léon Marchand, Swimming
  • Clarisse Agbegnenou, Judo
  • Lauriane Nolot, Sailing
  • Nicolas Goyard, Sailing
  • Women's Team, 3x3 Basketball

Pretty much, I'd probably squeeze the 25m pistol (Bessaguet/Quiquampoix) though.

1- Summer McIntosh (swimming)

2- Phil Wizard (breaking)

3- Maggie MacNeil (swimming)

4- Christa Deguchi (judo)

5- Damian Warner (athletics- decathlon)

Our women's 3x3 team has had a mediocre start to the season, if you'd asked me at the end of last year they'd be up there. 

14 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I think that LePage may be your bigger chance.

I don't. Warner is the reigning Olympic Champion, and is coming back from an injury sustained in the 400m at Eugene 2022, scoring 8619 points at Hypomeeting Gotzis. Positive sign heading into Paris, I was expecting much less. Although, with the likes of Neugebauer and Mayer, winning gold is far from a guarantee. Budapest 2023 should give me a good indicator of where everyone is at. 

Edited by Josh

Of course decathlon is a very difficult discipline to guess anyway, because it combines the risks of all ten individual disciplines. But LePage is the first one, that comes to mind, when thinking about the favourite for Budapest and Paris. Neither Mayer nor Warner get any younger. They are in the mid-thirties next year, and dectahlon is particularly hard for the body. And I only believe Neugebauer to be a gold contender, if he at least comes close to repeat his result from Texas at another meeting. I don't trust the college results that much. I do think Neugebauer has the potential to score around 8500 or maybe 8600, but I consider LePage to be better. At least currently.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

6 hours ago, NMQ said:

Anything besides team sports would be a surprise to me.

1. Women's hockey

2. Men's rugby

3. Men's hockey

4. Men's volleyball

5. Men's football (if qualified)

I wouldn't call too much a surprise the Nacra17 duo in Sailing, they're not the favourite, but they still have a reasonable chance

difficult to say for :ITA 

imho, right now

1. Aziz Mouhiidine (Boxing, men's -92kg)

2.Irma Testa (Boxing, women's -57kg)

those 2 are the only really big favourites for Gold (they can only lose because a) a severe injury b) a blatant cheat by the boxing officials/judges), in a honest world, they are 2 of the safest gold medallists in the whole Olympic program, but we live in a gangsta paradise, therefore nothing is safe when human judges are involved :facepalm: :bones:

3.Sailing (mixed Nacra17), whether the reigning champions Tita/Banti or the newcomers Ugolini/Giubilei, it doesn't actually matter that much...both crews right now are more than solid gold medal contenders, but it's sailing, so, once again, there's nothing written in stone

4.Fencing (all 4 Foil competitions)...it will be really disappointing another "0 tituli" like in Tokyo

5.we have a lot more teams/athletes that on a given day could win an Olympic Gold, but none of them is an actual favourite to do it right now

still, I have high expectations in many disciplines...among them, Taekwondo (Tokyo gold medallist Vito Dell'Aquila, men's -58kg and, above all, Simone Alessio, men's -80kg), Judo (Alice Bellandi, women's -78kg and Manuel Lombardo, men's -73kg), Shotgun Shooting (all events) and Athletics (all Race Walking events) are maybe the most likely to happen

29 minutes ago, phelps said:

difficult to say for :ITA 

imho, right now

1. Aziz Mouhiidine (Boxing, men's -92kg)

2.Irma Testa (Boxing, women's -57kg)

those 2 are the only really big favourites for Gold (they can only lose because a) a severe injury b) a blatant cheat by the boxing officials/judges), in a honest world, they are 2 of the safest gold medallists in the whole Olympic program, but we live in a gangsta paradise, therefore nothing is safe when human judges are involved :facepalm: :bones:

3.Sailing (mixed Nacra17), whether the reigning champions Tita/Banti or the newcomers Ugolini/Giubilei, it doesn't actually matter that much...both crews right now are more than solid gold medal contenders, but it's sailing, so, once again, there's nothing written in stone

4.Fencing (all 4 Foil competitions)...it will be really disappointing another "0 tituli" like in Tokyo

5.we have a lot more teams/athletes that on a given day could win an Olympic Gold, but none of them is an actual favourite to do it right now

still, I have high expectations in many disciplines...among them, Taekwondo (Tokyo gold medallist Vito Dell'Aquila, men's -58kg and, above all, Simone Alessio, men's -80kg), Judo (Alice Bellandi, women's -78kg and Manuel Lombardo, men's -73kg), Shotgun Shooting (all events) and Athletics (all Race Walking events) are maybe the most likely to happen

I am not an expert of italian sport, but what about:

a) Both volleyball teams

b) Men's/Women's long jump + Men's triple jump

c) Men's 100 m back

d) Men's/Women's team pursuit

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am not an expert of italian sport, but what about:

a) Both volleyball teams

b) Men's/Women's long jump + Men's triple jump

c) Men's 100 m back

d) Men's/Women's team pursuit

a) the men are among the gold medal candidates, but we've never won the Olympic tournament, even when we were the absolute best team in the world, so, there's a chance, but I wouldn't say they're the favorites to win the gold medal

I don't trust our girls at all, they're not mentally sound enough

the best chance in team sports is always the men's waterpolo team (but again, it would take a miracle to win the Olympic gold...a silver/bronze medal is more likely)

b) Iapichino might be a gold medal contender in the women's LJ, I just left her out in the previous post not to make the list too long)

Furlani...I think it's too early for him, but who knows? right now, however, he can't be considered a favourite for gold, at least

TJ...we don't even know if Diaz would be actually able to start at the Games with our team (there are still controversies on the actual date it should be used to count the 3 years from his last Cuban appearance) and in any case, he could well be a medal contender, but Pichardo is still the main candidate to the gold medal

c) ask me after this byear's world champs

d) men: it might well be, but right now I think we're not the favourite for the gold medal

women: medal, but GBR are on another level, especially if they add Zoe Backstedt