website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:FRA Clement Turpin - :NED vs :TUR

Oh boy, either the Netherlands or Turkey is going to have to play the semi-final with three goalkeepers on the field given Turpin's love for pulling cards out of his pocket left and right :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile, Turkey will have to play without Demiral against the Netherlands and, if they win, in the semi's. He has been suspended due to some ultranationalist and terrorist-related gesture in their match against Austria. I guess he didn't want to play anymore this tournament, because obviously he knew this would result in trouble :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I predict some Turkish "fans" will burn a few cars and other stuff now. Anyway, this is what you get when you promote politics in football. Obviously BBC and other media didn't realize promoting politics in sports doesn't only mean promoting liberal democracy. Qatar quashed the narrative with heavy pro-Palestine campaign in 2022 and forced the liberal media to sit on their hands since suddenly they realized queer campaign wasn't the only one that had to be accepted. Welcome to the real world :p

Germany is lucky Mesut Ozil has retired already or his Edrogan fanboyism and the grey wolf tattoo would really cause havoc. And now UEFA can pretend he never existed ;)

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

I predict some Turkish "fans" will burn a few cars and other stuff now.

People in the big cities here are not exaggerating or wrong when they say they are slightly worried about Saturday night, and this is the reason for that :p 

Genuinely happy with living in a relatively small town, plenty of bigger places are simply not at all going to be nice Saturday.

25 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Did Mbappe, Thuram, etc. receive any kind of punishment for campaigning against a political party or press conferences are exempt from this?

I think actions on the field of play has different implications and sanctions as opposed to press conference & interviews. 

Merih suspended for two games, I do not support what he did but I cannot see how this is fair. 

Shakiri and Xhaka made a similar gesture in 2018, all they got was monetary fine.

I believe these kind of penalties make things bigger than necessarry, this thing was going to blow over, but now it will become a Turkish ultranationalistic propaganda, and unfortunately they will be right saying this is one-sided and not fair

what kind of complete insanity is this punishment ? He got a punishment for 1 match, but somehow he does not have to serve it immediately, but only within a year whenever he wish :hyper: Now, Only now, I think I really saw it all :lol: