website statistics

Team Ireland - Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker Road to Paris 2024

1 hour ago, dodge said:

It’ll be a second Olympics for some of them. Not many but a few of them went to Rio

both rugby 7 teams, one hockey team and within a spit of a second hockey team is unknown riches in team sports terms for Ireland, and absolutely wonderful, especially given the dominance here of non-Olympic team sports

5 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

both rugby 7 teams, one hockey team and within a spit of a second hockey team is unknown riches in team sports terms for Ireland, and absolutely wonderful, especially given the dominance here of non-Olympic team sports

For lads like me that started following the Olympics in the 70s, the fact we are now qualifying in team sports is riches beyond belief. Great days even if I am starting to run out of Olympics to look forward to. 🙁

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mattiekav119 said:

Rob Hendrick not selected for C1 Slalom for second consecutive games after again securing the spot at World Championships.

They went Jegou? So harsh on Hendrick

3 hours ago, mattiekav119 said:

Men’s and Women’s 4x100m medley relay teams have qualified as of this morning’s heats at the World Champs!

May beed another male swimmer to swim an OCT/OST to allow us accept the men’s quota though

That may not be a given. Bar Ferguson none of the others were close to an OQT at the Worlds. Only one chance left.

But we can definitely count the womens relay as two more quotas.

FWIW they have said that they’ll accept any invitations for Paris (unlike Tokyo when they said they wouldn’t but ended up having to to fill the relay team) 

Theres space for Ferguson and McCusker as not a huge amount of qualifiers world wide 

I've a lot of updating to do on the qualification tracker! I am assuming I should go ahead and count the swim relay quotas for now and revise it if we don't qualify the requisite number of individual athletes to make up the relay squads. Would you all agree?

The women's medley relay squad already have 2 qualified athletes so they should be good anyway. I think the men's will be fine also but we might have to sweat it out to see if a couple of our guys will be high enough up the rankings to receive invitations in their individual events.

Edited by OlympicIRL