website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2023

Totallympics

27 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well, it could be a much much easier match, Iran missed so many big chances before Syria's goal 

and also this is Iran's first ever win on penalties at the Asian Cup in important matches (excluding non-important 3rd place matches) after losing 5 times in a row in the penalties in past 10 editions. :facepalm:

but playing 120 minutes was terrible when you have to face Japan on Saturday (less than 72 hours from now) 

and losing Taremi .:( ... well it seems that's his destiny, 4 years ago he was also suspended against Japan in the SF. :( 

Would you have played with the same system against Japan? I don’t think so. I don’t think your coach would have started both Azmoun & Taremi together against Japan, although I think it would have been Taremi starting with Azmoun coming off the bench, but with this suspension Azmoun will start but his tactics & gameplan might not change much . 

28 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Would you have played with the same system against Japan? I don’t think so. I don’t think your coach would have started both Azmoun & Taremi together against Japan, although I think it would have been Taremi starting with Azmoun coming off the bench, but with this suspension Azmoun will start but his tactics & gameplan might not change much . 

well our coach is really dumb :d his subs are always the same (no matter what's the score and who is the opponent) he used different squads in previous matches only because he was forced to do so (because of injuries and suspensions)

I believe Azmoun is not fit for 90 minutes (or even worse, 120 minutes) but still it's hard to ignore his good record with the NT, it's a hard decision to bench him in important matches but still he is not effective as the only striker. I would start with a big and tall striker to tire the Japanese defense. but to answer your question with Taremi I think he would start with the same squad (only changing the CB who was suspended today)

but now without Taremi ... I think our only option is to park the bus waiting for penalties or another blunder from Japanese GK.

our team is too old, having only 2 days rest will favor Japan too. I really don't give too much chance to Iran. but this is football, everything is possible :pope:

another dramatic win for South Korea. this time they tied the match in 90+6 minute :yikes: I think this is the 4th match in a row they are doing this.

it feels like this is their destiny to win the title after soooo many years. 

Jordan also beat Tajikistan 1-0. they lost intentionally to Bahrain to have this path which worked for them. 

wow , that was unexpected :yikes: it's sometimes possible to get a lucky win but that was a well deserved win, Iran totally dominated the 2nd half and had so many chances. 

yeah this is football. nothing is impossible. our worst players in previous matches did great today, Mohebbi scored the first goal and Kanaani got the last minute penalty. :d

so Uzbekistan choked once again :d, what a familiar story

it will be Qatar vs Iran in the semifinal. I feel more confident against Qatar. but you never know. hopefully we break the semifinal curse after 48 years and after losing 6 semifinals in a row in past 11 editions !

ps: Qatar's GK saved 3 PKs today, it's interesting to know he is Olympic Champion Mutaz Eisa Barsham's brother :d

Edited by MHSN