website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

On 6/1/2016 at 19:12, hckosice said:

added :yes

very good team, in fact Russia selected with best option in each event.

There was discussion about Eigel and Maxim Shabanov. Coaches chose Eigel.

For Kuznetsov/Larionov it will be the last Olympics. They think in Tokyo 2020 men's C2 replaced women's C1.

40 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

There was discussion about Eigel and Maxim Shabanov. Coaches chose Eigel.

For Kuznetsov/Larionov it will be the last Olympics. They think in Tokyo 2020 men's C2 replaced women's C1.

yes I remember Kuznetsov/Larionov great bronze race in Beijing 2008, It was a surprise, but since there Russian canoe slalom went up rapidly. You have now very strong team. All your selected paddlers can achieve very intereting results in Rio.

yes I know, very bad idea. It´s still too early. womens C1 has still very low level..and doesn´t belong at the olympics..in other hand C2 is much much exciting and better to watch

On 03.06.2016 at 12:42, hckosice said:

yes I remember Kuznetsov/Larionov great bronze race in Beijing 2008, It was a surprise, but since there Russian canoe slalom went up rapidly. You have now very strong team. All your selected paddlers can achieve very intereting results in Rio.

yes I know, very bad idea. It´s still too early. womens C1 has still very low level..and doesn´t belong at the olympics..in other hand C2 is much much exciting and better to watch

Any medal will be a great result for Russian team. Contenders are too strong.

In general this sport has started to grow up in Russia after canoeing federation was divided into two federations in 2006. One for sprint and the other for slalom.

Edited by Dmitry

24 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Guys! Question. Are there any Tripartite Commission invitation places needed for distribution or no more? So far, only Lebanon received it in the men's C-1.

There are two wild cards for canoeing events. One went to Lebanon in slalom the other went to Palau in sprint. No more wild cards left.

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

About Dutch Maarten Hermans: he needed top-12 in Pau to qualify for Rio and that didn't happen. It's very much looking like he himself barely even knew about this..

"My Olympic dream...this sucks! I felt like an Olympian but am not anymore."

It's like he didn't even know about our NOC's standards, which were published long ago.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

About Dutch Maarten Hermans: he needed top-12 in Pau to qualify for Rio and that didn't happen. It's very much looking like he himself barely even knew about this..

It's like he didn't even know about our NOC's standards, which were published long ago.. 

very very unfair

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Similar to Sharapova's case really, not knowing what you should know is not an excuse. :p

#banbestmen