website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

59 minutes ago, hckosice said:

quota for Netherlands in mens K1. congrats 3rd ever participation of the dutch in this sport, return after 8 years and Beijing 2008 :)

Wait what? :d 

I'll have to go and check if the Dutch standards are reached as well :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

For Dutch athletes it was either "Top 15 World Championships 2015" or "Top 1 European Continental Championships 2016". In case a quota was earned in the 2nd of those ways, there were some additional standards:

- One top-8 finish in a World Cup in 2015-2016

- Top-8 at the 2016 European Championship

- Two top-12 finishes at World Cups 2015-2016

- Top-12 at the 2016 European Championship

The 2nd and 4th are quite weirdly described in the Dutch documents :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also, what actually happened? I mean, where did he finish and stuff like that? I can't find any results :p 

And, ashamed to ask, but...who is it? :d

Edited by heywoodu

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

For Dutch athletes it was either "Top 15 World Championships 2015" or "Top 1 European Continental Championships 2016". In case a quota was earned in the 2nd of those ways, there were some additional standards:

- One top-8 finish in a World Cup in 2015-2016

- Top-8 at the 2016 European Championship

- Two top-12 finishes at World Cups 2015-2016

- Top-12 at the 2016 European Championship

The 2nd and 4th are quite weirdly described in the Dutch documents :p 

he is 14th at european championships. just click in K1 mens semifinal http://www.canoeicf.com/results-pages/2016-eca-senior-european-championships

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

he is 14th at european championships. just click in K1 mens semifinal http://www.canoeicf.com/results-pages/2016-eca-senior-european-championships

Thanks, no Olympics for him then. 

I think it's this:

1 result that fits in "top-8 in a World Cup or top-8 at the Europeans" OR

2 results that fit in "top-12 in a World Cup and top-12 at Europeans"

So for example a 12th place finish at a World Cup and an 11th place in Europeans would have been enough. 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Also, what actually happened? I mean, where did he finish and stuff like that? I can't find any results :p 

And, ashamed to ask, but...who is it? :d

Maarten Hermans, who ended up in 14th place overall in the semifinals (and this is his final place, since only the top 10 advance to the final run)...

by the way, in the Italian team, after a pretty disastrous semifinal stage, it should now be official...Daniele Molmenti won't defend his Olympic Gold medal from London 2012...our representative in Rio will be in fact Giovanni De Gennaro, who won the internal selection after the end of the entire process...:evil:

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

Maarten Hermans, who ended up in 14th place overall in the semifinals (and this is his final place, since only the top 10 advance to the final run)...

by the way, in the Italian team, after a pretty disastrous semifinal stage, it should now be official...Daniele Molmenti won't defend his Olympic Gold medal from London 2012...our representative in Rio will be in fact Giovanni De Gennaro, who won the internal selection after the end of the entire process...:evil:

not good news

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks, no Olympics for him then. 

I think it's this:

1 result that fits in "top-8 in a World Cup or top-8 at the Europeans" OR

2 results that fit in "top-12 in a World Cup and top-12 at Europeans"

So for example a 12th place finish at a World Cup and an 11th place in Europeans would have been enough. 

thats very sad. this just destroyed my day now.. this is not fair at all

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

not good news

not at all...I think Molmenti could have still given a sign of life in the big occasion, meanwhile I don't see how De Gennaro can finish on the podium of the Olympic Games...

and I didn't like that all the qualifying races have been held in Liptovsky Mikulas (also the previous 2 were held in SVK last month)...they should have chosen at least 3 different courses, not only one for all the selecting events...

Edited by phelps