website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

wow Spain is out in mens K1 :yikes:  The Netherlands in huge chance of winning quota @heywoodu should be happy he will have a new article for his forum dutch canoe slalom in Rio. you just need now that 2 guys will be better than 97.92, and still the best racers to come

Lol, looks like choosing sleep over following this was a great choice. So, canoeing becomes the 3rd sport in which we didn't qualify after competing in London. And this is also the first time ever that we are not going to compete in canoeing.

Just shows how rapidly our sport is declining. Having some medal chances doesn't say much about sport, this is a better reference. All of our medal chances are older athletes, and who will replace them? No one, because no one will qualify.

#banbestmen

22 minutes ago, hckosice said:

quota for Netherlands in mens K1. congrats 3rd ever participation of the dutch in this sport, return after 8 years and Beijing 2008 :)

I have a feeling that Netherlands will quite likely refuse this quota. They have their standards usually That leaves quota to Sweden, who else has its standards (and I doubt they are open to accepting reallocations). We might as well see Hungary getting it in the end.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I have a feeling that Netherlands will quite likely refuse this quota. They have their standards usually That leaves quota to Sweden, who else has its standards (and I doubt they are open to accepting reallocations). We might as well see Hungary getting it in the end.

that would be pretty weird. the guy was the best from the non qualified today so he deserve it. but well we´ll see

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

that would be pretty weird. the guy was the best from the non qualified today so he deserve it. but well we´ll see

Netherlands usually has some internal standards like "Top 10 finish at 2015 World Championships" or "Top 5 finish at 2016 European Championships". Maybe heywoodu knows something. I know that he was actually happy because some Dutch fencer failed to qualify at QT few weeks ago. She didn't have selection criteria so it would be sad to see her quota getting refused..

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen