website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Amazing to see that the american cheater didnt win gold, sadly she still stole a medal. Still a great night for the US, 4 medals in the last 3 events, when only 1 medal (for Wilson) was expected.

Already 3 medals for american cheaters: Wilson, Gatlin and Coleman

Way to go!

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Exactly, that is the problem on this forum. Innocent question get deleted, while personal attacks dont get deleted. Nowadays it is only about who can scream "I am the victim" the loudest, facts dont matter anymore.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Looking at the countries of origin of most of the canadian athletes here i wouldn't be surprised if Canada tried to bought Chepkoech. Luckily she has enough pride to not switch nationalities for money.

It's so funny to read your first post, and then have you follow it up with this garbage. Canada, and most western nations do not buy athletes. They are either born there, or settle as immigrants or refugees and then compete for their adopted nation. You are right, facts certainly do not matter when it comes to your posts and comments. 

Just now, orangeman said:

So my grandparents weren't Canadian?  Like I said, Canada is a nation of immigrants.  Don't tell me what my country is and isn't, and who is part of it and who isn't.  

Nationality & citizenship are NOT the same thing like you're suggesting. It stretches beyond Canada so you have no case here.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Not really :p 

It's an extreme right-wing talking point, and frankly I'm disturbed that such views are being expressed on a site that's supposed to represent sport at its highest level.  These people need to leave their politics at home and stop trying to tell me what Canada is and who a Canadian is.  

Just now, Col_Frost said:

To be honest he is not. You're Canadian, he is Somalian with Canadian passport. But he was raised in Canada and probably training in Canada so he's "fruit from your garden" and that's fine with me.

That’s an understanding of Canadian-ness that is completely foreign to Canadians.

1a7693a146c81d73556e22a2b1301d28.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!