website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Kang pushed the other Polish girl out of silver medal position in the last turn, but jury didn't dare to penalize her at home :d 

It was hard to tell how much of an affect her hand had in the replay. You'll find skaters pushing each other on the back/side in a lot of short track races (inline speed skating too).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

28 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Might well be. When they got a bronze in women's curling a few years back that was their first winter MEDAL ever! Very odd for a country which has plenty winter. 

I believe it was silver in 1998

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It was hard to tell how much of an affect her hand had in the replay. You'll find skaters pushing each other on the back/side in a lot of short track races (inline speed skating too).

Yeah, I generally watch every single World Cup event (plus European, Four Continents and world championships), and there's indeed often quite a bit of pushing, but usually this much definitely gets punished. She really got away very well :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

@Olympian1010 Do you have a list of the youngest athletes at the Games? I think the youngest is a snowboarder from New Zealand? Thanks!

I do not. I'll look through the entry lists in the next few days if I have time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Fun fact about Koo (as far as I know, a Korean name): this sounds just like a very common swearword in Portuguese, and there's NO WAY any Portuguese speaker can say Lucas Koo's last name out loud and not immediately blush or laugh out loud. No way.

Edited by thiago_simoes