website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme

22 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Problem Rowing & Sailing have is that if you cut the solo discipline numbers, they don’t have any chance of meeting the multi-Continental requirements.  

Only Africa is a problem in that regard. Every other continent can perfectly qualify at least one even with the reductions I proposed cuz it would still be 24 quotas for each single sculls event and 33 for ILCA, it's still quite a lot relative to the short depth of these sports. You can also perfectly keep the universality and continental quotas. The only people missing the olympics will be average athletes from middle and some big nations, not a big loss.

Edited by LDOG

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Assuming we don't want to drop any sports or disciplines there are events that IMO could see some cuts in quotas: the marathons (10 each), single scull rowing (E/F finals), single dinghy Sailing (10 each), every Judo category (down to 16), 10m rifle (5 each), the road races (just 5 each, not asking much).

Those cuts would severely limit universality in those sports and diminish qualifying opportunities for “smaller” NOCs.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, LDOG said:

The only people missing the olympics will be average athletes from middle and some big nations, not a big loss.

The ultimate affect will likely be less nations competing in less sports. I don’t see that as a positive thing for the Olympic Movement.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

We have the first medal winners of 2028: congrats Egypt!

Until 2028 , many countries would invest much more money in Squash especially GB , France and India , apart from USA who's alreading investing heavily in Squash and almost organize all major events alongside Egypt , I guess in platinum series , u would find only British open outside Egypt and USA and the most important thing is that some Egyptian players would change their nationalities like what happens in Wrestling , Weightlifting , Athletics and most importantly Squash itself , we already have el Shorbagy brothers play for England now , we have 2 very big talents that can play at top level in 2028 , Mostafa Asal in Men's side and Amina Orfi on women's side have very serious problems with federation and I don't really exclude the fact they could play for foreign countries , especially after it became Olympic Sport 

Edited by thepharoah

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Assuming we don't want to drop any sports or disciplines there are events that IMO could see some cuts in quotas: the marathons (10 each), single scull rowing (E/F finals), single dinghy Sailing (10 each), every Judo category (down to 16), 10m rifle (5 each), the road races (just 5 each, not asking much).

The cycling road race already has a quota number that is way too small for it to be a proper road race.

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Until 2028 , many countries would invest much more money in Squash especially GB , France and India , apart from USA who's alreading investing heavily in Squash and almost organize all major events alongside Egypt , I guess in platinum series , u would find only British open outside Egypt and USA and the most important thing is that some Egyptian players would change their nationalities like what happens in Wrestling , Weightlifting , Athletics and most importantly Squash itself , we already have el Shorbagy brothers play for England now , we have 2 very big talents that can play at top level in 2028 , Mostafa Asal in Men's side and Amina Orfi on women's side have very serious problems with federation and I don't really exclude the fact they could play for foreign countries , especially after it became Olympic Sport 

I know, it was a joke.

But seriously, Egypt dominates the panorama more than any of the countries you’ve mentioned. In serious terms, nothing is for granted, and any upset or incredible talent may end up with gold, but just line PR of China in diving or table tennis, this sport has a clear leading nation.

44 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

It’s not MP it’s American Ninja Warrior now.

If they want to add obstacle racing to the Olympics they should just do that and dispense with the farce of attaching it to fencing / swimming / laser run.