website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Monzanator:

Btw, if anyone picked M.Lewandowski for a medal in the 800m then it's DOA since he will run 1500m instead ;)

I didnt pick him for any medal, but i am surprised to hear this, dont see him beating Jakob or Filip, maybe Henrik, but in the 800 he would have had a better chance for a medal imo, probably polish federation wanted a medal contender in 800 m and 1500 m.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, hckosice said:

Not a single attempt above the automatic qualifying Mark in Group A of the M Shot Put Qualifications, but in the opposite, the Group B started in class with already 2 direct qualifications. David Storl 20.63 and Michal Haratyk 20.59

and now Stipe Zunic :CRO 20.61 is in too :thumbup:

28 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I didnt pick him for any medal, but i am surprised to hear this, dont see him beating Jakob or Filip, maybe Henrik, but in the 800 he would have had a better chance for a medal imo, probably polish federation wanted a medal contender in 800 m and 1500 m.

Federation has nothing to say about that and Kszczot gets more attention here anyway. Our top athletes can set their own terms and there was no way they could force Lewandowski to focus on the 800m if he didn't want to. His main weakness was always the lack of a good finishing sprint and nobody wins global medals jogging at 1:49 pace in the 800 anymore.

What's up with people betting on Partanen? :yikes: His odds were much higher, whereas Toth was a 1.2 favourite earlier

KAP1Wxh.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It is expected to be around 34°C tomorrow,  The race was supposed to start earlier, some (including Matej) wanted the start already at 6:00 AM, the jury decided to after several debates to move the start at 8:00 AM..but because of TV broadcasters interventions, they returned the start time at 8:30. Gonna be a massacre tomorrow