website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

What's the plan for next month's contests, there's a lot going on.  

This week I will open a poll where users can vote for some of the prediction contests for the last half of 2023.

There are five prediciton contests which I have already decided will happen in the last half of 2023.

See below for the list:

The current Totallympics Prediction Contests Calendar for July-December 2023.

- Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2023 - July 20 - August 20

- Swimming at the FINA Aquatics World Championships 2023 -July 23-30

- Athletics WA World Championships 2023 - August 19-27

- Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 - August 25- September 10

- Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2023 - November 30 - December 17

Edited by Wumo

1 minute ago, Wumo said:

This week I will open a poll where users can vote for some of the prediction contests for the last half of 2023.

There are five prediciton contests which I have already decided will happen in the last half of 2023.

See below for the list:

The current Totallympics Prediction Contests Calendar for July-December 2023.

- Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2023 - July 20 - August 20

- Swimming at the FINA Aquatics World Championships 2023 -July 23-30

- Athletics WA World Championships 2023 - August 19-27

- Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 - August 25- September 10

- Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2023 - November 30 - December 17

Have you decided which events will be included - I assume the likes of European Games and World Shooting Championships will be included?  

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Have you decided which events will be included - I assume the likes of European Games and World Shooting Championships will be included?  

I have assembled a list of 11 events I plan to put in the poll. 

I do have have the Shooting ISSF World Championships inlcuded in the list of the 11 events. 

I have looked into the idea of an European Games Prediction Contest. Though, I have realised in my research process that the European Games would demand too much of preparation compared to what the outcome would become. I first excluded the non-Olympic sports from the list of sports, but I still ended up with 197 events in total. I planned to do 50 events in total for a prediction contest. However, I realised that many sports will have very few events. Athletics, which would have taken up many of the events in a prediction contest, are also contested in a differerent format with the team events, but where individual medals are handed out to the best athletes across all divisions. I wasn't sure how this would work in the format the prediction contest we have here are currently contested in. 

After som consideration, I did abandon the idea of making an European Games Prediction Contest with all these things considered. 

4 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I have assembled a list of 11 events I plan to put in the poll. 

I do have have the Shooting ISSF World Championships inlcuded in the list of the 11 events. 

I have looked into the idea of an European Games Prediction Contest. Though, I have realised in my research process that the European Games would demand too much of preparation compared to what the outcome would become. I first excluded the non-Olympic sports from the list of sports, but I still ended up with 197 events in total. I planned to do 50 events in total for a prediction contest. However, I realised that many sports will have very few events. Athletics, which would have taken up many of the events in a prediction contest, are also contested in a differerent format with the team events, but where individual medals are handed out to the best athletes across all divisions. I wasn't sure how this would work in the format the prediction contest we have here are currently contested in. 

After som consideration, I did abandon the idea of making an European Games Prediction Contest with all these things considered. 

Cheers, one last question. How many get chosen from the poll?  

13 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Cheers, one last question. How many get chosen from the poll?  

The 5 championships with most votes in the poll will be selected as prediction contests.

Users will be able to votes for as many events/championships he/she would like to vote for in the poll. 

Edited by Wumo

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2023_04/2023PC9.png.4b9d39012055cab1868c51d30561afb1.png

Prediction Design for the Quarterfinals in the Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2023 Prediction Contest can be found here

Deadline is May 25th, 16:20 (GMT +3)

@Henry_Leon, @juliosilva, @Ufilov, @Monzanator, @vlad, @africaboy, @ady48, @pedja789, @hckosice @rybak,  @Dolby @Morten Jensen, @Pablita, @Hipooo @SteveParker @Agger, @toulousain, @Topicmaster1010@maestro