website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

However making quad jumps is what separates the Russians from the rest so that is the whole point. You don't win gold medals in figure skating on stamina but on technical content in the end. I'll still take Witt's words over yours no matter if she's not a doctor :p

These two literally go hand in hand. Technique is the first thing that goes away when a cross-country skier, for example, faces exhaustion.

And I am not inventing anything. Merely pointing out that Witt's statement (if it was even about stamina or just taken out of context?) is in contradiction with the scientific concensus.

#banbestmen

Now that the whole of world public opinion has turned against the Russian women’s skating programme IOC President Thomas Bach (Gold, Fencing, 1976) takes a brave & controversial stand against it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/winterolympics/article-10526363/Olympic-chief-slams-treatment-teenage-skater-Kamila-Valieva.html#comments

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Now that the whole of world public opinion has turned against the Russian women’s skating programme IOC President Thomas Bach (Gold, Fencing, 1976) takes a brave & controversial stand against it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/winterolympics/article-10526363/Olympic-chief-slams-treatment-teenage-skater-Kamila-Valieva.html#comments

Huh? Who celebrates finishing in 4th place when you're the gold medal favorite? :rolleyes: Bach should have another dinner with Peng Shuai :whistle:

Let's be honest, the whole Olympic Movement is rotten, from the selection to the host cities, the way horses are treated in equestrian and modern pentathlon, the corrupt judging in boxing, etc., the sex abuse cases, the systemic doping (not just by Russia) there are so many problems but this is such a brazen example. The Olympic GAMES were meant to be for the love of the sport, but this is literal child abuse by unscrupulous people thinking "victory at all costs", because a gold medal is clearly worth destroying a child physically and mentally.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hungarian pair is the next victim of a false positive PCR test. Magyar had negative tests up until this point, he doesn't have any symptoms, and the rest of team had negative tests. He will probably be cleared soon with some negative tests, but that will be too late for the competition. And that's the end of that, I doubt we will ever get a chance to see a Hungarian pair at the Games again... We waited for this for 66 years. 

Is it for real that Knierim/Frazier are going to courtafter the games back in the USA for illegal using of the music of their short program "house of the rising sun" ? that is so dumb, I mean which dumbass can treat you with tribunal for promoting his/her music at the biggest sport stage of all, it is like a free add for millions of people around the globe

This sport wasting time as much as the NFL.. 2 hours and only 10 pairs have passed... Anytime i switch to see what's going on, they are on a break, or showing replays. Thankfully i have other things to watch/do otherwise i would have fallen asleep