website statistics

Bobsleigh at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

34 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Why can one nation have multiple teams in the same event?

Like if you could have three teams in Team Sprint Cross country or three mixed doubles curling teams from one nation.

Totally agree. If i for example compare it with canoeing slalom which is do risky and there can be only one nation from each category...

32 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

And an Olympic NR for :MON, comfortably beating :LIE:AND:SMR & even superpower small countries like :LUX & :MLT

It’s :MON second best performance at the Olympic Games. Julien Médécin won a bronze in architecture in 1924.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

37 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Why can one nation have multiple teams in the same event?

Like if you could have three teams in Team Sprint Cross country or three mixed doubles curling teams from one nation.

Or a country with more than one pair in figure skating, or more than one doubles team in luge, or more than one doubles team in tennis, etc :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

I don't think those architecture, literature etc. medals are counted as official

@Dragon will definitely know the exact nomenclature on those, now I'm curious because I thought they were :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I don't think those architecture, literature etc. medals are counted as official

Yeah, I don’t think the IOC counts them, so Rinaldi :MON has the best official result at the Olympic Games for Monaco.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela