website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Illya said:

for what reason? that's a total bullsheet, IOC said earlier that they won't add any gift quotas to these dumb idiots, they can only win quotas at the WC competitions

They shouldn't have been banned in the first place, all this situation is a total mess. Let's see what happens.

They mention specifically "The Individual Neutral Athletes will be invited by the IOC and their respective IFs. Only a very limited number of athletes will qualify through the existing qualification systems of the IFs. "

I guess they are good enough to get the quotas through the WC (1 men and 1 women), but they had this "invitations" ready here. I'm sure fencing, for instance, will use it.

25 minutes ago, Mateus Nagime said:

They shouldn't have been banned in the first place

They should have banned because they all are not neutral and they support Putin and z-actions (a huge number of gymnasts attended Luzhniki, google in order to understand what it is)

14 hours ago, Illya said:

They should have banned because they all are not neutral and they support Putin and z-actions (a huge number of gymnasts attended Luzhniki, google in order to understand what it is)

I thought it was understood that Russian gymnasts will not accept the IOC conditions on "neutrality" so will miss Paris?

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

I thought it was understood that Russian gymnasts will not accept the IOC conditions on "neutrality" so will miss Paris?

Generally, it's true. They have the example of rhythmic gymnastics where they plan to ignore the next tournaments, but it's hard to say what is in the heads of these errors of humanity.  

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I don't think :BEL can take both quotas in the women's balance beam so second quota would go to :TPE

A country can only qualify one gymnast per gender across all aparatus through the world cup, so this is correct.

21 minutes ago, NearPup said:

A country can only qualify one gymnast per gender across all aparatus through the world cup, so this is correct.

I don't think there is such a restriction. NOCs can qualify 1 in each apparatus, but in general they can qualify maximum 3 individually through  different methods. 

Edited by MHSN

36 minutes ago, Laraja said:

I think the World Cup ranking is a different thing than the Olympic ranking.

those who qualified before (or their NOC is qualified before) won't be counted in the ranking. you have to remove them all and give 30 pts to the next best athlete

58 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I don't think :BEL can take both quotas in the women's balance beam so second quota would go to :TPE

49 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Thanks, I have changed that and marked the :TPE athlete.

31 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I think the World Cup ranking is a different thing than the Olympic ranking.

those who qualified before (or their NOC is qualified before) won't be counted in the ranking. you have to remove them all and give 30 pts to the next best athlete

Could you confirm that? In this case I'd have to change everything :cry:

First update is always a mess :lol: