website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Women's Vault

:KAZ Darya Yassinskaya & Amina Khalimarden

:AZE Nazanin Teymurova

:NOR Julie Erichsen

:PAN Hillary Heron

:LAT Katrina Jurevica

:TUR Bilge Tarhan

:UZB Gulnaz Jumabekova

Women's Uneven Bars

:UKR Yelyzaveta Hubareva

:EGY Jana Mahmoud

:NOR Julie Erichsen

:GRE Magdalini Tsiori

:MAS Zarith Imaan Khalid

:INA Ameera Hariadi

:TURDerin Tanriyasukur

Women's Balance Beam

:AZE Nazanin Teymurova

:UKR Yelyzaveta Hubareva

:NOR Marie Roenbeck

:HKG Wong Hiu Ying Angel & Chan Cheuk Lam

:POL Marta Pihan-Kulesza

:POR Mariana Parente

:CRO Tina Zelcic

Women's Floor

:AZE Nazanin Teymurova & Samira Gahramanova

:GRE Elvira Katsali

:KAZ Darya Yassinskaya

:VIE Tran Doan Quynh Nam

:NOR Marie Roenbeck

:POR Mariana Parente

14 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

For the women's team I think we can probably expect :JPN :CHN :BRA :ITA and :AUS to come through safely for quota.  Behind them I can see :GER :NED and :BEL also qualifying. 

On the men's side, :USA should be a definite along with :ITA:BRA :ESP :CAN :TUR and :KORshould also have enough quality in their squads to qualify. 

I've been following artistic gymnastics for a long time and it's my favorite Olympic sport. So here are my impressions of the women's team qualification:

:USA:GBR:CAN are already qualified. 

Then the teams that will qualify without problems, unless a disaster happens:

:BRA The trio Andrade, Saraiva and Barbosa are very strong, this team is favorite for a team medal.

:JPN They have a strong team, they can surprise in the team final competition.

:ITA Even though they lost three of their strongest gymnasts, Martina, Villa and Asia, Italy still has a very strong team.

:FRA Led by their veteran Melanie de Jesus Dos Santos and even with the French gymnastics federation making horrible decisions, such as losing Nemour to Algeria, they must qualify.

:NED They have a consistent team and should qualify easily.

:CHN China is my main concern in this group, they have a very strong team, even sending some of their main gymnasts to the Asian games. But the team chosen for the world championship is very weak at vault, with luck they might be able to score 39+ on this apparatus. On the other hand, they have the strongest UB and BB rotations in the world. But I heard rumors that the gymnasts selected for the world championships are suffering from injuries and are not able to perform their sets at all well. In my opinion, China is in danger, they could either win a team medal or be outside the top-12 this year.

And finally the fight for the last three spots, what i see:

:ROU Led by Barbosu and Voinea, they are coming with a competitive team that can not only qualify for the Olympics, as well as finish in the top-8, but inconsistency and international inexperience will be the biggest problems for this team.

:KOR We finally have a competitive team, Yeo Seojeong, Lee Yunseo and Shi Sol Yi can lead our country to an incredible Olympic berth. In the Asian championship this year we scored 160+ and I'm very excited.

:AUS Australia has the potential to qualify, it will depend on the performance of its veteran Georgia Godwin.

:MEX Mexico has an interesting team, if they manage to hit their VT and UB rotations they can qualify without any problems, it would be incredible to see two Latin American teams in the Olympics, once Brazil is  practically qualified.

Teams in the bubble:

:BEL I can't even imagine the frustration of the Belgian Gymnastics Federation. Losing your two strongest gymnasts on the eve of the World Championships. without Nina and Vaelen it was practically impossible for Belgium to get an Olympic place.

:GER Losing Seitz was a very hard blow for Germany, I honestly don't see Germany getting a place this time without her. They would need to be perfect and count on other teams making mistakes.

:HUN  It's a very Kovacs-dependent team, and I heard she was having abdominal problems.

:ESP Spain is very far from the Olympic spot, especially without Popa, unfortunately I don't see them qualifying this time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 12:59 PM, PatyOlympic said:

I've been following artistic gymnastics for a long time and it's my favorite Olympic sport. So here are my impressions of the women's team qualification:

:USA:GBR:CAN are already qualified. 

Then the teams that will qualify without problems, unless a disaster happens:

:BRA The trio Andrade, Saraiva and Barbosa are very strong, this team is favorite for a team medal.

:JPN They have a strong team, they can surprise in the team final competition.

:ITA Even though they lost three of their strongest gymnasts, Martina, Villa and Asia, Italy still has a very strong team.

:FRA Led by their veteran Melanie de Jesus Dos Santos and even with the French gymnastics federation making horrible decisions, such as losing Nemour to Algeria, they must qualify.

:NED They have a consistent team and should qualify easily.

:CHN China is my main concern in this group, they have a very strong team, even sending some of their main gymnasts to the Asian games. But the team chosen for the world championship is very weak at vault, with luck they might be able to score 39+ on this apparatus. On the other hand, they have the strongest UB and BB rotations in the world. But I heard rumors that the gymnasts selected for the world championships are suffering from injuries and are not able to perform their sets at all well. In my opinion, China is in danger, they could either win a team medal or be outside the top-12 this year.

And finally the fight for the last three spots, what i see:

:ROU Led by Barbosu and Voinea, they are coming with a competitive team that can not only qualify for the Olympics, as well as finish in the top-8, but inconsistency and international inexperience will be the biggest problems for this team.

:KOR We finally have a competitive team, Yeo Seojeong, Lee Yunseo and Shi Sol Yi can lead our country to an incredible Olympic berth. In the Asian championship this year we scored 160+ and I'm very excited.

:AUS Australia has the potential to qualify, it will depend on the performance of its veteran Georgia Godwin.

:MEX Mexico has an interesting team, if they manage to hit their VT and UB rotations they can qualify without any problems, it would be incredible to see two Latin American teams in the Olympics, once Brazil is  practically qualified.

Teams in the bubble:

:BEL I can't even imagine the frustration of the Belgian Gymnastics Federation. Losing your two strongest gymnasts on the eve of the World Championships. without Nina and Vaelen it was practically impossible for Belgium to get an Olympic place.

:GER Losing Seitz was a very hard blow for Germany, I honestly don't see Germany getting a place this time without her. They would need to be perfect and count on other teams making mistakes.

:HUN  It's a very Kovacs-dependent team, and I heard she was having abdominal problems.

:ESP Spain is very far from the Olympic spot, especially without Popa, unfortunately I don't see them qualifying this time.

The last remaining 9 women's olympic teams quotas are going to:

:BRA:CHN:ITA:NED:JPN:AUS:FRA:ROU:KOR 

So my predictions about the quotas where right, unfortunely :MEX lost the figth for the three last quotas to :AUS:ROU:KOR.

And as I predicted :GER couldn't qualify without Malewski and Seitz, but they fought bravely and almost managed to do it, as did :BRA in the men's category, which also came in 13th place without Souza and Zanetti, if these two teams had all their gymnasts they would certainly have made it.  

Edited by PatyOlympic

Dumb question, but if a nation qualifies three individual athletes, can they form a composite team?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Dumb question, but if a nation qualifies three individual athletes, can they form a composite team?

As far as I understand, no.

Athletes winning a spot in a specific apparatus, can compete in all around though.

12 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Correct only the 12 qualified teams can compete in the team event.

This is kind of thing I hate about the current Olympics. If you’re going to let an NOC qualify three athletes, they might as well be given the option to enter the team event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela