website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Jinzha said:

Dang did both :NED 4x400m fail a transfer or lose on time? I did not expect that.

Dutch news isn't even awake to report it yet. The forum once again proving to be the best news source;)

Both on time. 

3 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Though the :NED women ran without Bol and Klaver, because they focussed on the Mixed relay yesterday. I'm sure they'll run the 4x4 women's relay today and qualify easily.

Even if they don’t, their time will see them qualify. 

Still, an interesting sign that the depth that might be needed for a medal in Paris may not be as strong as previously thought 

8 minutes ago, dodge said:

Even if they don’t, their time will see them qualify. 

Still, an interesting sign that the depth that might be needed for a medal in Paris may not be as strong as previously thought 

The depth of the Dutch team could indeed become a problem for a medal in Paris. Bol and Klaver are exceptionally good, the rest are mediocre (don't get me wrong, in the best sense of the word of course, I don't run those kinds of times from the couch).

Although it is a good sign that Cathelijn Peeters improved her PB to 51.09 last week and ran 50.69 during the relay. Those are decent times if you are the third best runner on the team. The problem becomes finding a good fourth. You are only as good as the weakest link. Maybe youngster Myrte van der Schoot? She ran 52.08 in the relay.

5 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Though the :NED women ran without Bol and Klaver, because they focussed on the Mixed relay yesterday. I'm sure they'll run the 4x4 women's relay today and qualify easily.

only one of them might do it, as in the mixed relay only 1 change between day 1 and day 2 is allowed :evil:

however, :NED have a 3.20 time that puts them out of reach from any other not yet qualified team

actually, their quali has never been in danger (and that's why they didn't put both Klaver and Bol in the women's event, they just chose to easily win the world title in the mixed relay this time)

1 hour ago, phelps said:

only one of them might do it, as in the mixed relay only 1 change between day 1 and day 2 is allowed :evil:

however, :NED have a 3.20 time that puts them out of reach from any other not yet qualified team

actually, their quali has never been in danger (and that's why they didn't put both Klaver and Bol in the women's event, they just chose to easily win the world title in the mixed relay this time)

No, they didn't. All 4 good athletes at the men's side (Bonevacia, Omalla, Agard and Angela) are needed in the 4x400 men. So they'll run with Boers and Klein Ikkink in the mixed relay. Boers with a SB of 47.24 is simply not good enough. That means they won't win the world title (I bet :USA ).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, phelps said:

Many athletes ran 400m and 400m Mixed yesterday, for example both Irishwomen or Germany's Jean Paul Bredau. And all three of them did good in both relays. I'm sure either Bol or Klaver could run twice today, especially because she doesn't have to go all in in the Mixed race.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Many athletes ran 400m and 400m Mixed yesterday, for example both Irishwomen or Germany's Jean Paul Bredau. And all three of them did good in both relays. I'm sure either Bol or Klaver could run twice today, especially because she doesn't have to go all in in the Mixed race.

yes, but the rule is clear

from yesterday, they can change only 1 man or woman in the mixed relay, which means that 1 between Bol or Klaver (or both) have to run both relays, if they want them also in the women's only event

and I don't know how smart is such kind of effort at this point of the season? :mumble:

39 minutes ago, phelps said:

yes, but the rule is clear

from yesterday, they can change only 1 man or woman in the mixed relay, which means that 1 between Bol or Klaver (or both) have to run both relays, if they want them also in the women's only event

and I don't know how smart is such kind of effort at this point of the season? :mumble:

How many changes can Italy make in the mix today?