website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 5/8/2024 at 5:52 PM, Dragon said:

I think World Athletics have made a terrible mistake here.

Yaseen Abdella :SUD has never run a road race and never competed above 5000m

I couldn't really watch the whole video, but apparently he's going to the Olympics... He ran a 10k this Thursday, so maybe he's going up - and perhaps doing videos on the way? - he mentioned in the end "i will be able to represent Sudan, wheter or not I get a 5k standard or not"

It doesn't make much sense to me and apparently neither to IAAF.

Not sur

I'm sorry I haven't been able to properly update all the quotas here, but worth of mention:

At the Diamond League Noélie YARIGO got the first Paris 2024 quota for :BENBENIN at the women's 800m Doha

On 5/8/2024 at 5:23 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

Two issues.

1) That's presumptuous of World Athletics that none of those nations could qualify in other events thus invalidating their quota.

2) Nations can only get one universality quota so :KGZ or :PRK can't be qualified in both men's and women's marathon.

The same thing happened in 2020. Universality quotas showed up and disappeared for a while.

:PRK lost their women's quota, doesn't appear now in the Road To Paris. :KGZ still has both.

On 5/8/2024 at 12:34 PM, Jan Linha said:

Hammer Thrower Volodymyr Myslyvchuk, originally from :UKR has been living for quite some time in the Czech Republic and in January, he obtained Czech citizenship. Recently, he threw 77,31 m which means limit for ECH in June. Now, Czech athletic federation is dealing with WA whether he can represent :CZE at the ECH this year. I checked his ranking, he is currently 31st in Road to Paris and his last throw was only less than a meter from the strict limit to Paris. Do you guys think he may get an approval for ECH? If so, if he throws 78,20m or qualifies to Paris through the Olympic ranking, could he represent :CZE ??? I know the timing is quite tight and I remember that before there were some rules that you have to represent your new country for a year or two? Not quite sure..... before you can qualify for the Olympics representing your new country. Does anybody how is it right now before Paris? I also noticed some athletes, weightlifters switched to :BRN citizenship and qualified to Paris but I don't know how long ago they changed the nationality. Thanks. 

Yes 👍 👍 Volodymyr Myslyvchuk got 🟢 from WA and can start representing :CZE ..... Qualified for ECH and is well ranked for Paris !!!! Com'on man!!!! You can do it 💪💪💪💪

IMG_20240518_084444.jpg

Posted (edited)

Also in LA (All these athletes are highlighted as having fulfilled the standard at this meeting, so without looking at the previous lists, I assume they haven't done so before)

3000m steeplechase, women

Ceili McCabe :CAN 

Madison Boreman :USA 

Norah Jeruto :KAZ 

Lea Meyer :GER 

5000m, men

Joshua Cheptegei :UGA 

Biniam Mehary :ETH 

Cooper Teare :USA 

Stewart McSweyn :AUS 

Cole Hocker :USA 

Morgan McDonald :AUS