website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, Joshi said:

Only one bug bear with Ragnarok they killed off Vidar too early I feel. But in saying that Fjor has got into the villainous role rather well. Don't worry I've seen the 2nd season and yup, great scene.

Spoiler

It depends how you classify the figure of Loki, who plays the “trickster” role in Norse methodology. Tricksters often aren’t seen as good or evil. I actually feel like they’ve done a good job at that so far, so it will be interesting to see where they go in season 3.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, Joshi said:

Quite like Ragnarok on Netflix even though not exactly a huge fantasy drama fan but the plot is very intruiging. Also like the Nordic Noir genre have to say the Scandinavians do dark thrillers and suspense very well indeed.

Best scene in television as far as I’m concerned (it’s from season 2, just in case you haven’t watched it yet.):

Spoiler

Yeah, I didn’t think I’d like Ragnarok, but it has become one of my favorite shows. The plot is indeed gripping. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] Fantasy Games Thread
Posted
On 1/25/2022 at 7:28 AM, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve gone ahead and set up league for Totallympics users. You can use the following code to join: LXKPDLTA

@Dunadan @Henry_Leon @SteveParker @Pablita @Gianlu33 @Wumo @Agger @Siddhartha Talukdar @Griff88 @Vojthas

I tagged those @maestro had tagged, who played last summer during Tokyo 2020. Of course, anyone is welcome to play along.

A note for any new players…Olympics.com is offering a Fantasy/Prediction contest in their Fanzone. You’ll need to create an “Olympic ID” to play (this is your olympics.com account for use at the Olympic Channel and in interactive zones such as this, it is completely free). I recommend using your Totallympics username as your Olympic ID username (if possible), so that we can identify you more easily. Here’s a link to the fanzone home page: https://olympics.com/en/fanzone/

A reminder for all players…Remember to read the rules, they have made some notable changes since Tokyo 2020.

Here’s a link to the Fantasy page for anyone who needs it as well: https://olympics.com/en/fanzone/olympic-fantasy/

Just wanted to give another reminder about this with competition getting underway tomorrow, and the first medals being handed out until a few days from now. 

[OFF TOPIC] Fantasy Games Thread
Posted
On 1/22/2022 at 1:31 PM, maestro said:

For anyone interested, olympics fanzone will feature a fantasy game for these winter Olympics, presumably like the one for Tokyo. At the moment, the game is on ''coming soon'' status.

I'm tagging here some of the users, who played last summer, if you haven't already seen it.

@Dunadan, @Henry_Leon, @SteveParker, @Pablita, @Gianlu33, @Olympian1010, @Wumo, @Agger, @Siddhartha Talukdar@Griff88, @Vojthas

I’ve gone ahead and set up league for Totallympics users. You can use the following code to join: LXKPDLTA

@Dunadan @Henry_Leon @SteveParker @Pablita @Gianlu33 @Wumo @Agger @Siddhartha Talukdar @Griff88 @Vojthas

I tagged those @maestro had tagged, who played last summer during Tokyo 2020. Of course, anyone is welcome to play along.

A note for any new players…Olympics.com is offering a Fantasy/Prediction contest in their Fanzone. You’ll need to create an “Olympic ID” to play (this is your olympics.com account for use at the Olympic Channel and in interactive zones such as this, it is completely free). I recommend using your Totallympics username as your Olympic ID username (if possible), so that we can identify you more easily. Here’s a link to the fanzone home page: https://olympics.com/en/fanzone/

A reminder for all players…Remember to read the rules, they have made some notable changes since Tokyo 2020.

Here’s a link to the Fantasy page for anyone who needs it as well: https://olympics.com/en/fanzone/olympic-fantasy/

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted

Users might remember her as a performer from the modern Brazil/cityscape/pop culture segment of the Rio 2016 opening ceremony.

[OFF TOPIC] Weather Thread
Posted

We’ve had some smaller tsunami waves in some of the coastal communities here in California, but there’s some worrying videos making their way out of Tonga.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
4 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Next, I would like to hear @Olympian1010's advice on this question. :underwater:

I knew Yellowstone was in Wyoming, and I was pretty confident it was in Montana as well. I knew it wasn’t in Utah, since Utah markets their national parks as “The Big 5,” and I’ve been to all of “The Big 5” and Yellowstone wasn’t one of them. That leaves Idaho and South Dakota. I thought Yellowstone was in the western part of Wyoming, and South Dakota seemed too far east. Therefore, I would have suggested Idaho.  

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Hmm, I am not sure about this one, initial gut instinct was Montana but not sure at all. Too bad @Olympian1010 isn't here when you need him :d

Present!

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted

While we’re associating people with political entities…seems fair to note that Kast’s father was likely a card carrying member of the NAZI party :whistle:

Plus, his brother was apparently a top advisor to the former military dictator. 

Bolsonaro 1.0 hasn’t gone particularly well for Brazil, so maybe there’s some logic to not electing Bolsonaro 2.0 in Chile.

Boric has clearly given many Chileans hope after many years of political strife. It’s clear that Chileans have wanted real change for while, and they’ve made their choice. We’ll have to see how well Chile’s democratic institutions hold up under him.

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted

This will eventually be part of some artistic sports program/performance at some point, right? It seems like a good fit.

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted
48 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

People who never lived in a communist country should never tell others how great communism is :mad:

I don’t feel like anyone was doing that here…

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

It’s official! I’m a dumbass. I’m 90% sure that I was smarter in high school. My mental decline has already begun :p

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, Quasit said:

If it was that easy to study. :p

You want Helium?

Yeah, at least I can use it to inflate my giant airhead 🙃

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

The atmosphere is mainly Hydrogen and balloons float, so I’m going D: Helium :dunno:

This is kind of logic you get the day after finals for the semester are done with :p

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Let’s go with C: Red. I thought it might be black, but I think that’s from a live performance of Billy Jean…

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Well, I’ve just said them all aloud, so I’m going to go with A: Arkansas. Let’s hope regional linguistics don’t cost me this game :fingers:

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Let’s go ahead and use the switch here, this seems like a good place for that.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

This is a tricky one, can I get a reminder of the lifelines at my disposal?