website statistics
5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

FIS wants to kill off the combined event and doesn't even host it on the World Cup. They want to promote parallel events instead. IOC still keeps combined in the programme but I won't be surprised if it's axed after 2026 and makes way for the parallel event (which might be the most unfair event ever due to clear difference between courses as evident by last year's Alpine World Champs).

I know, pal. Couldn't agree more.

32 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

What the heck is that with the combined? Why is there only one Norwegian, one Italian, one French, one German? Where is everybody? This is the event, where small nations can say, they were top 15 at the Olympics. Has FIS tightened the requirements for the downhill and none if the slalom guys want the hustle? I see no reason why our 2 skiers are not participating....

As much as I personally like the combined (esp. compared to events like team parallel GS), how can it be contested at the Olympics with ZERO world cup combined competitions this year? It's practically non-existent these days.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Generally in most sports you can say that choking is only the case when someone is giving away something big in a kind of stupid way. Say, an alpine skier who is in gold medal position and then goes down after 5 seconds in the deciding run. Or a tennis player on match point who smashes it in the net and then gets his serve broken and loses the match. Those kind of things :p 

Not even Shiffrin really choked actually, since she didn't actually have anything in hand yet.

Maybe Mikaela and Alex Kilde should consider breaking up or something.:d Things haven't really gone Alex's way either in these Olympics.:mumble:

Just now, Ted said:

Yayyyyy! Yet another correct prediction 4 me. Hand me the prize now.:hyper:

Hahaaa. Congrats Slovakia (& Austria and Switzerland). So happy for all three medalists.:hyper: So sorry for Lena, Sara, Andreja and Michelle though...:( But I'm sure they'll get plenty of chances to win medals in the near future, especially the younger ones. And oc Sara and Michelle are already Olympic gold medalists.

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022
Posted
16 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I can only use google translate. Sprained left knee & ACL strain?

Yes. And -according to the journalist- the doctors and physiotherapists will be trying their best to get Sofia ready for the women's downhill race on Feb 15 (which is very hard and not that likely...)

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022
Posted
6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Petra :clap:

She did it again.  our wonderwoman :cheer:

#Team SlovenskoBeijing2022

Huge 6th place and PB for Martina Dubovská :CZE / :SVK  Way to Go Czechoslovakia !

Were you born in Czechoslovakia? Do you have fond memories?