website statistics

Russia in final 6 barring a disaster tomorrow. Last place between Poland and France then (other teams also have chance but it's too marginal).

Really great day of predictions for me, all correct winners and half of matches with perfect score :cool:

hace 3 minutos, intoronto said:

If USA beats Bulgaria, and Canada beats Bulgaria, does Canada have a chance to go the final 6?

You also need Russia to lose both matches (unlikely given they play Finland tomorrow) + Netherlands losing to Italy (not that unlikely) + Slovenia losing to both Brazil and Australia (unlikely) + Belgium losing to Brazil (not unlikely).

So, 4 conditions out of which 2 are really difficult.

hace 16 minutos, George_D said:

Argentina has the best coach in the world. What they lack i think are young talent players so as coach to develop them

ARG won u23 wch last year and made final of u19 and u21 in 2015.

I think the problem is rather the lack of a reliable attacker. Someone you give the ball and know he will score almost all times. 

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018
Posted (edited)

Our coach is suspended by FIVB, he won't be in bench today. 

Also, two of our players won't play because they got injured after crashing into each other yesterday :facepalm:not very important players but still, very silly.

Edited by LDOG

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2018
Posted (edited)

IMO:

-Italy and Brazil are qualified 99%.

-USA still needs to beat Iran or Bulgaria. Iran must beat both Bulgaria and Canada to arrive with chances to that final match vs USA.   

-Russia needs to beat Italy esentially. 

-Don't think Belgium or Slovenia have any chance since I don't see either beating Brazil.

-Poland and Serbia are h2h. France still has small chance but they need for Argentina to beat any of the other two.

The cut I think is in 6 wins, you get that and you are in next round.

Edited by LDOG

hace 9 minutos, Dunadan said:

FIVB is incompetent, but for me now everyone is exaggerating in trying to promote their interests (or maybe they are just very stupid, I don't know). 10 days ago I heard Velasco complaining because all results was carried over and now I read here that after the loss against Japan, Argentinians claimed that they didn't know that they had to win 

From what I can understand from our team, during the tournament someone (I assume some FIVB officer or FEVA officer) told them otherwise. As I told before, during the match the press officer from FEVA (who has direct communication with players) was doing commentary in our tv and he spoke as if the match didn't matter beyond winning 2 sets. Then I tweeted to this guy who in turn (after getting angry with me) messaged the players and said that they were in "bewilderment" about this. 

If this was all fake, then they are very good actors tbh.

Ps. Luciano de Cecco blocked me on  Twitter because of this loooool. I can't believe a player of his status would be so touchy about some random comments on social media.

hace 18 minutos, ChandlerMne said:

Would be interesting to see that conversation. :)

I send you a PM.

It was really infuriating to watch the tv and hear this guy saying "well, we lost but it doesn't matter because it won't count and we qualified and it's all positive! lalalala".

I almost punched the screen right there (yes, I have problems when I watch this sport).

Anyway, one position more or less in the final ranking... it really doesn't matter, our team is very bad.

Lol remember how I joked that maybe our players didn't know that all results are carried to next round? Well, it seems they really didn't know! Someone had told them that it was only results against qualified teams!  

Even the press secretary of our federation (who also does commentary for the broadcast in our tv) didn't know, and he just realised when I tweeted him telling that (also he got angry because I called him a moron :d).

Ahora, Federer91 said:

Poland are too smart to have that group. :d

Yes, with Captain douchebag Heynen as coach you never know, but I don't think the option by being 2nd in the group is that much better: it would be USA, Bulgaria again and the 4th of group B which could also be France or Brazil. Bulgaria-Poland will be played at the same time as Canada-France, so it will be difficult for these teams to calculate while they are playing.