Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
vlad

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2016 version)

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports?

Bohemia    56

Athletics and swimming are my favorites, and then I like basketball, judo, canoeing slalom, handball... (oops more than 5 :d) I like almost all of them.

Mkbw50    83

Lots of love for Swimming and Athletics.

I prefer team sports though, like Football, Rugby sevens, and handball.

Xander    14

1. Athletics

2. Gymnastics

3. Rowing/Canoeing

4. Archery

5. Shooting

Tennis, Weightlifting, Modern Pentathlon, Diving & Fencing landed from 6 to 10. Basically I like almost everyone (except certain sports with disgraceful judging) :d

Overall I prefer team sports much more over individual ones.

1. Volleyball

2. Handball

3. Basketball

4. Athletics

5. Rowing

I know we're supposed to name only 5, but Field Hockey comes very close after Rowing. Too bad I very rarely have the opportunity to watch :(

Gianlu33    304
8 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

What do you guys think about this map which shows the sports each nation is best at? (detailed results here)

11243-1s8s08q.jpg

It's a bit wrong for Italy. Football is The sport in Italy and it has't equal

LDOG    181

It's "being the best at", not the most popular, right?

Then it's wrong, because Argentina has been much more succesful at Polo, Field Hockey and Boxing than it has been at football :p

vinipereira    118

Historically Football is our number 1 sport in popularity and quality, but for the past decade or so I really agree Volleyball is the sport we're best at.

I think they considered the world ranking for team sports only, that's why some results are strange to say the least...

dcro    782
36 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

What do you guys think about this map which shows the sports each nation is best at? (detailed results here)

I always knew that Niger was a volleyball nation, even though they have never even competed at the African Championships (according to Wiki). :d

More to the point, this is about team sports. :p And it seems quite wrong. Israel has ice hockey?? Handball in Algeria.... I'd say those are just completely wrong. Sweden should rather have ice hockey.

Edited by dcro

LDOG    181

They took world rankings of team sports.... and only male it seems. Now it makes sense.

But still, we have a like a million world titles in male Polo and Roller Hockey, so even worse: they only took "popular" sports.