website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Prashanth said:

@Smit @RickygoestoRio Cutting down the weight looks better than climbing...we have seen great MC too struggling with the size and structure...especially today she was oversized by opponent.

Nikhat competed in the junior events at 51 kg. Of course, you grow in weight as u move into the senior ranks but I think her natural weight class is still 51 kg...she is competing in Astana in 54 kg as Mary was in 51 kg...

There's of course Pinki as well, only 26 yet,so lets not write her off...

Edited by kapil857

All our shooters in 10M air rifle men and women flop today. No one seems to be qualifying for the finals of the 25m air pistol women too. Heena Sidhu was disqualified while Gagan Narang did not start.

Only positive was Jitu Raj's performance in the 50m pistol elimination round. Hope he carries his form in the qualifications and finals tomorrow.

2 hours ago, kapil857 said:

Nikhat competed in the junior events at 51 kg. Of course, you grow in weight as u move into the senior ranks but I think her natural weight class is still 51 kg...she is competing in Astana in 54 kg as Mary was in 51 kg...

There's of course Pinki as well, only 26 yet,so lets not write her off...

Nikhat is my personal favorite boxer ....Hyderabadi girl she has the hunger to be great ... the passion to achieve  ...another great role model a Muslim girl ........from a poor background...................... I think she can be worthy replacement to the great MC ...............

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

30 minutes ago, gvaisakh said:

Boris Majumdar's tweet

AIBA confirms Mary still has glimmer of hope.If Ren Cancan and Lin yuting who both won quotas at Asia qual make SF here, mary will go thru.

Yeah sure, theoretically. Practically Lin Yuting will need to get past Nicola addams to reach semis...

27 minutes ago, gvaisakh said:

Boris Majumdar's tweet

AIBA confirms Mary still has glimmer of hope.If Ren Cancan and Lin yuting who both won quotas at Asia qual make SF here, mary will go thru.

:fingers:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi