website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

India''s javelin sensation Neeraj Chopra produced his best form since the SAF Games to clinch the silver medal but still missed the Olympics qualification mark at the Zygmunta Selesta Memorial in Warsaw, Poland

Boxing

Previous edition''s silver-medallist and second seed Sarjubala Devi (48kg) advanced to the quarterfinals along with Seema Poonia (+81kg) as India rounded off a reasonably good day at the AIBA Women''s World Boxing Championships

India at the boxing rink 

sarjubala in the 48 Kg ( round of 16 ) -

Pavitra - In the 64 ( round of 16 ) -

seema punia in the 81+ ( round of 16 ) 

Sarjubala was dominant against the srilankan .....  the 4th round is remarkabale as she opens the srilankan up to the right hook , beautiful combinations throughout...... the srilankan was plucky and nice to see the srilanka in a major boxing tournament at the round of 16 .........   Sarjubala won ( for those of her in this forum who were suggesting that she move up will see how unlikely that can be as even in this contest she was really tiny and had reach problems ) ... I remember there was a category called 45 which has been removed but surjubala was in that category a few years ago  ( sarju won

Pavitra fight I feel the final score surprised me ... I felt she dominated round one and four , three was even and round two the Australian had the edge .............. watch the fight and tell me what you think @Prashanth @Partha_SG @Smit @Suneet @RickygoestoRio @gvaisakh @Sanjib@tirtha22 @kapil857@shrikant

it was not an outright robbery but the score was surprising, especially round 4 scoring  ( pavitra lost

Seema fight - I was suprised by AZE she was so passive in the first two rounds that seema was scoring at will ......I expected the AZE at the heavy weights to have a better fighter as they have had some success in this weight ( seema won ) 

you can watch all fights 

http://watchnow.club/video/2016-aiba-womens-world-boxing-championships-session-9b

sarjubalas fight around 50m , 1hr 50m is pavitra fight and  seema  2hr :22

we have 5 QF as of now which is a good result as of now ( I wish there was the 1-2 olympic categories in this ) 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

India at the boxing rink 

sarjubala in the 48 Kg ( round of 16 ) -

Pavitra - In the 64 ( round of 16 ) -

seema punia in the 81+ ( round of 16 ) 

Sarjubala was dominant against the srilankan .....  the 4th round is remarkabale as she opens the srilankan up to the right hook , beautiful combinations throughout...... the srilankan was plucky and nice to see the srilanka in a major boxing tournament at the round of 16 .........   Sarjubala won ( for those of her in this forum who were suggesting that she move up will see how unlikely that can be as even in this contest she was really tiny and had reach problems ) ... I remember there was a category called 45 which has been removed but surjubala was in that category a few years ago  ( sarju won

Pavitra fight I feel the final score surprised me ... I felt she dominated round one and four , three was even and round two the Australian had the edge .............. watch the fight and tell me what you think @Prashanth @Partha_SG @Smit @Suneet @RickygoestoRio @gvaisakh @Sanjib@tirtha22 @kapil857@shrikant

it was not an outright robbery but the score was surprising, especially round 4 scoring  ( pavitra lost

Seema fight - I was suprised by AZE she was so passive in the first two rounds that seema was scoring at will ......I expected the AZE at the heavy weights to have a better fighter as they have had some success in this weight ( seema won ) 

you can watch all fights 

http://watchnow.club/video/2016-aiba-womens-world-boxing-championships-session-9b

sarjubalas fight around 50m , 1hr 50m is pavitra fight and  seema  2hr :22

we have 5 QF as of now which is a good result as of now ( I wish there was the 1-2 olympic categories in this ) 

I am so frustrated by the opaque scoring system in Boxing. while wrestlling has become objective fast and exciting with great transparent scoring and immediate system of pretests and its redressals -boxing has gone the other way with scrapping of the protest system(had they done that before london 2012 - vikash krishnan miight have become an olympic medalist)- opaque scoring - extremely subjective judgements and complete room for cheating bias ans prejudice. you just have sit there and hope the judges dont cheat - in close fights -it is completely up to them.

56 minutes ago, Partha_SG said:

I am so frustrated by the opaque scoring system in Boxing. while wrestlling has become objective fast and exciting with great transparent scoring and immediate system of pretests and its redressals -boxing has gone the other way with scrapping of the protest system(had they done that before london 2012 - vikash krishnan miight have become an olympic medalist)- opaque scoring - extremely subjective judgements and complete room for cheating bias ans prejudice. you just have sit there and hope the judges dont cheat - in close fights -it is completely up to them.

I agree completely it is impossible to score accurately ... I have been watching boxing for some time now and the scoring at times lacks rationale as happened in the fourth round .... 2 scored against her and one scored for her .....after watching the bout I find it difficult to see what they saw ?.a.. and it makes it frustrating for fans I am sure ...... freestyle wrestling has become one of my favorite sports to watch under the new rules ...I wish they could do something about boxing 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

If Taiwan's boxer losses her qf bout and Chinese win her qf bout, than who will take Asian quota, Marry Kom or Taiwan's boxer? As both of them won bronze medals in Asian qualifier.