website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

14 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

AIBA Boxing World Championships:- Pooja Rani beat Mariya Borutsa of Ukraine in 75kg weight category (Olympic category) to move to the next round.

:clap::clap: wonderful news 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Nikhat zareen wins in the 54 kg against aus - Ifeel Nikhat

Sonia lather wins  against mgl gundegmaa in 57kg...

Pooja Rani wins against ukr borutsa ...

Meeena Rani looses to German in the 69kg

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

9 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Nikhat zareen wins in the 54 kg against aus - Ifeel Nikhat

Sonia lather wins  against mgl gundegmaa in 57kg...

Pooja Rani wins against ukr borutsa ...

Meeena Rani looses to German in the 69kg

i am pretty happy that  my predictions yesterday ( given below )  were right in all but pooja ...............  I think pooja did well to beat a strong Ukrainian boxer     who are known to be amongst the toughest in europe .............    The Nikhat fight seems to have been much closer than expected ...but the hyd girl showed courage 

Boxing 

nikhat zareen - hyd girl so a personal favorite of mine .... has been outstanding in the juniors - hope to see her do well in her first major senior tournament in the 54 kg against aus - Ifeel Nikhat has the edge 

sonia lather in the 57 against mgl gundegmaa so may be a good bout 

meeena rani against ger in the 69 - tough bout for indian ..edge to ger 

pooja rani against   ukr borutsa ...edge to borutsa

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Golf

Feroz Singh Garewal shot three-under 69 and made the cut at the halfway stage of the Ambassador ADT Golf in Taipei

Anirban Lahiri endured a testing day at the USD 7.3 million AT & T Bryon Nelson golf tournament as he was one-over through 16 holes when darkness stopped play at Irving , Texas

Playing in extremely cold conditions in the morning, SSP Chawrasia managed to do well to card one-over 73 with two birdies in last three holes of the first round of the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open at Kildare, Ireland.

7 hours ago, juddy96 said:

I'm not, if those strong headwinds keep up

real accurate accounting for the taiwan games juddy ................. I gave you a well deserved reputation for this 

11 minutes ago, Partha_SG said:

guys - any streaming links for the AIBA women's qualifier come world championships? last time I remember the later rounds were telecast on Sony SIx

youtube as well as on the aiba  site ....on youtube just go to the aiba boxing channel 

today  afternoon bouts ( geeta and pooja )  are there on this link bouts 1 and 4 ( 58 minutes or so ) pooja  :d