website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2019

Totallympics

It's day 4 of group stage, so we are halfway through, and this is how the group tables look like now.

image.png

Overall, the competition is way more balanced than I thought, with the exception of Pool B where the difference of level between teams is as big as I thought it would be in the whole tournament. Many teams unexpectingly show really good level, what :FIN can do in defence and especially serving is incredible :bowdown:

Until now, only 3 teams haven't won even a set: :UKR  , :POR and :SUI, although Switzerland was very close to achieving it in yesterday's match against Russia, as they lost the first set 26-28. :POR is also the only team that honestly feels like it doesn't belong here.

Yesteday, we got another surprise as :ESP beat :BLR 3-1 and still can fight for a place in eightfinals, and today I believe we can expects more surprising results. If they continue playing like they do, :SVK should have no problem beating :BLR , which on paper is a better team but plays horrible tournament so far. (I wouldn't be surprised if they play good match against :GER later this week, too, :ESP showed the Germans aren't untouchable.)

:HUN at the other hand will play a rather difficult game against :AZE, however the Azerbaijan team doesn't show any brilliance this year, and  Hungary have a bit better match history. They will also have home advantage, so nothiong's impossible.

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Congrats Slovakia, I think at least 3rd place in the group is very possible now.

Poland survived against Ukraine, but it was a very chalenging match and we really need to improve soon.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Meanwhile I think we are pretty much done with this ECh. Maaaybe there's a chance that we can beat Croatia and save ourselves, but I doubt that we can win another match at this tournament. Hungarian volleyball continues to be an afterthought compared to the other team sports here and this ECh certainly isn't helping the sport or the Hungarian team's reputation. 

Edited by Vektor

So 3 matches, 3 wins, never in my life I would believe this is possible in this sport. But what a character and incredible TEAM-fighting spirit the girls showed yesterday from 0-2 to winning 3-2 !

Bravo babes for rewriting (once again in the last couple of days) the nations history of this sport, first time ever qualification for the second round :clap:

Regardless of the expecting losses in the all now our next matches today against Germany, Russia and the second round match, The Goal (only few days ago almost unimaginable Secret Dream) of the team is already done and even surpassed, so no wonder the celebrations lasted a while tonight :p

69215110_2668925746472399_29004729721227

68906360_2668925806472393_35442340709531