Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, bestmen said:

@Olympian1010 do you breathe the smoke , go there  and save this village of Dr Quinn 

 

 

 

Well the smoke is blowing opposite of my town right now, but I live a colder, less windy, and higher elevation. So the fire is quite a distance from my house. However it is an odd time of the year for the whole state to be on fire again. A late winter may be to blame for that. Hopefully some snow and colder temps reaches the mountains and state soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bestmen said:

and the  village / studios of the série DR.Quinn , burned completly 

 

80557c10bd6341473f112d79b34580ff--dr-qui

 

DrljdgHWoAAQRNh.jpg

Ok now I’m really sad because I realized that this place is actually Paramount Ranch. A place where I’ve run cross country races for 4 years. I fact I ran one there 1 month ago. I hated that course, it was the worst (a lot of hills). I’m so sad to see it like this.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and this one ,Welcome to what :nopompom:

 

16131411.jpg

Edited by bestmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st World War ended 100 years ago on November 11th, 1918.  I don't know if i should be sad or happy about the great war, because that War gave my country independence on December 6th, 1917 :wacko: :mumble:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finnator123 said:

1st World War ended 100 years ago on November 11th, 1918.  I don't know if i should be sad or happy about the great war, because that War gave my country independence on December 6th, 1917 :wacko: :mumble:

Happy about independence, sad about it being a small part in a huge war that killed millions of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

When you're dead and the funeral stuff has started but then you're actually not dead but just taking a nap.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jaipur/dead-man-wakes-up-in-jhunjhunu-its-diwali-for-kin/articleshow/66519793.cms

 

In Ireland, the dead are traditionally "waked" for 2-3 nights in their home, with an open coffin and neighbours and family and loved ones come to pay respects. A man who lives near me (and the brother of my former teacher) once returned home to his own wake!! There was an accident and a man was killed by a car and they thought it was him! His sisters identified his body....but no it was some other man! Imagine his surprise and his family's surprise at the shock of him returning home during his own wake :d

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

In Ireland, the dead are traditionally "waked" for 2-3 nights in their home, with an open coffin and neighbours and family and loved ones come to pay respects. A man who lives near me (and the brother of my former teacher) once returned home to his own wake!! There was an accident and a man was killed by a car and they thought it was him! His sisters identified his body....but no it was some other man! Imagine his surprise and his family's surprise at the shock of him returning home during his own wake :d

And is it considered rude not to go there, or does one have the choice of not doing so? :p 

 

I mean, when my grandmom died she remained in her home for a few days, in an open coffin, but I made the carefully chosen choice not to go there. I mean, the last time I saw her (a week or two earlier) she was laughing and playing around with her grandchildren, that seemed like a much better last memory of her (or anyone, for that matter) than seeing said person laying dead in a coffin :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it's anyone's choice whether to go or not. I know it seems really quite traumatic but from personal experience, I found it to be very healing. When my brother died some years ago, he was waked in our home and I thought I wouldn't be able to bear seeing him. But as difficult as it is, it was a real sense of healing, especially having neighbours and family there... it helps get you through the absolute shock and trauma of the situation. But of course everyone is different and everyone grieves and deals with it in their own way. So I understand what you mean with your grandmother and you remembering her as she was, was your way of coping and that's fine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

No, it's anyone's choice whether to go or not. I know it seems really quite traumatic but from personal experience, I found it to be very healing. When my brother died some years ago, he was waked in our home and I thought I wouldn't be able to bear seeing him. But as difficult as it is, it was a real sense of healing, especially having neighbours and family there... it helps get you through the absolute shock and trauma of the situation. But of course everyone is different and everyone grieves and deals with it in their own way. So I understand what you mean with your grandmother and you remembering her as she was, was your way of coping and that's fine.

Yeah I think it can also depend on the specific situation (apart from people being different of course). My grandma had been struggling with her health for years and it was mostly sort of a relief that she went out in a period in time in which she was doing relatively well. If someone is way younger and pulled out of life all of a sudden (an accident or something like that) it's an entirely different and definitely more shocking situation.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×