website statistics

Men's Water Polo Tournament at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

hckošice

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

lol what? Hungary will be in Tokyo.

I think Croatia will take the quota at the ECh, and then we will have to fight for the last three spots against Germany, Greece, and Montenegro. Any of those three teams can beat us at a OQT. 

Edited by Vektor

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I think Croatia will the quota at the ECh, and then we will have to fight for the last three spots against Germany, Greece, and Montenegro. Any of those three teams can beat us at a OQT. 

+ probably one more quota (Africa)

edit: No, there are 4 quotas at OQT. So this 4 teams + Russia will fight for that.

Edited by dareza

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Very nice match, congrats to the Hungarian that reach to do a great match without Varga at the top.

Btw, we are in Tokyo and in final after 8 years! Let's go to win this WCh... We need some revenge against Spain.

Just to do a context about the revenge ..

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

+ probably one more quota (Africa). 

Oh, okay, in that case maybe we can't possibly fuck it up. But who knows, at this point anything is possible, our team sports are in a terrible shape. 

Edited by Vektor

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Oh, okay, in that case maybe we can't possibly fuck it up. But who knows, at this point anything is possible, our team sports are in a terrible shape. 

Olympics without Hungary in waterpolo would be disaster. 

At the end this was solid WCh fot this Serbian team. Yeah they lost only one match (most important :d, but nevermind).

Expected medal for Croatia. I really thought they would easily take the gold, but Spain played great.

Spain was the best this year and I hope that they will win gold at the end. They deserved that. They beat two best teams in the last 6 years (and I still think that they are the best :p).

Edited by dareza

Drama in a nightclub next to the whole complex in Gwangju where the World Aquatics Championships are being held: a balcony collapsed and two people died. Several others were injured, including athletes from the USA, New Zealand (water polo captain Matt Small), Italy, Brazil and the Netherlands (water polo player Maud Megens).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!