website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, she was definitely out cold after the impact. I’ve watched enough of this sport to know what that type of fall looks like.

Generally athletes who are out cold don't (obviously consciously) move their hands to try and cover their faces while still falling, and don't move their body in a clearly conscious way even a little.

Anyway, not being knocked out doesn't make the fall much better, I mostly hope her back turns out to be ok.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Chilean skier sucked just as I expected. She’s been farming those free South American points I see...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Melissa Peperkamp was the only female snowboarder with a sort of decent first run? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh and I missed Kelly Sildaru is competing here. I feel like she's been on the stage forever but of course she's only just 17 :d 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Oh and I missed Kelly Sildaru is competing here. I feel like she's been on the stage forever but of course she's only just 17 :d 

You mean my soulmate?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Actually there’s three competitors: Sildaru, Burmansson, Gu that have been on the World Cup podium or even won an event.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Actually there’s three competitors: Sildaru, Burmansson, Gu that have been on the World Cup podium or even won an event.

I've heard of all of them, but Sildaru is the one who's already been in the spotlights for many years.