website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

17 minutes ago, merlinsbeard said:

I understand from our news that one of our quota is also taken back due to doping related issues so we will be able to have 2 quotas only now. Actually we lost not 1 but 2 quotas bevause we were also going to get Vietnam’s quota in women 49kg. That is sad but nothing to do.

I am assuming even you would keep 67kg quota. 

13 minutes ago, Dnl said:

With all those reallocations, I wonder if anyone knows if we have any chnace to get a reallocated quata here?

I remember :ISR was next in line if :NED refused their 109+ quota. Not sure if they accepted or not. Maybe @heywoodu can help. 

14 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I remember :ISR was next in line if :NED refused their 109+ quota. Not sure if they accepted or not. Maybe @heywoodu can help. 

Nothing official yet, although the latest and (and really the only) real news article about it is from yesterday:

https://www.volkskrant.nl/sport/nederland-vaardigt-na-53-jaar-weer-een-gewichtheffer-af-naar-de-olympische-spelen~b5ded4f2/

There it's saying he will go (first Dutch in 53 years), and also that his gold medal in the world juniors should have been enough and nobody - including himself - knew why it took so long to get confirmation after that. Those people really should read on Totallympics more often.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, merlinsbeard said:

Yes 67 will stay and 61 will go

China, Korea, Japan, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Colombia nobody has skipped 67. :( Considering Jeremy's luck, I am pretty sure IWF will give Samoa's quota to Kiribati as well. 

Apparently the Dutch weightlifting federation got confirmation from the Dutch NOC that they will actually accept Kuworge's quota :cheer: 

Dutch weightlifter at the Olympics (and a still very young one at that, so plenty of room for progress!), I didn't think I'd live to see the day :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently the Dutch weightlifting federation got confirmation from the Dutch NOC that they will actually accept Kuworge's quota :cheer: 

Dutch weightlifter at the Olympics (and a still very young one at that, so plenty of room for progress!), I didn't think I'd live to see the day :d 

Especially since it’s probably the last chance for him (or anyone else) to participate.

(and even if it isn’t his last chance qualifying in 2024 will be a lot harder)

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Especially since it’s probably the last chance for him (or anyone else) to participate.

(and even if it isn’t his last chance qualifying in 2024 will be a lot harder)

I do think weightlifting will get back, at some point (I might be naive, but sometimes that's less depressing :p), so athletes who are barely 20 or didn't even get there yet might have some more hope than the ones who are already in their thirties now..