website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

so only athletes capable of top 8 finish can go to the Olympics ? that's weird and stupid.

he is a World Junior Champion and in few years can be a medal contender at the world level. maybe even in Paris 2024. this is very stupid to deny him this chance to gain such an important experience.

do they know lots of those "top 8" at the Worlds are not going to the Olympics?! from what I saw one of them tested positive for doping and 3 of them are not going.

the 8th athlete who is actually going to Tokyo lifted 403kg. maybe that counts in his favor.

Hey, stop using logic and common sense on the Dutch selection process please :lol: 

I have some hope that they'll accept it, but definitely not 100%. Of course as soon as I read something more official I'll post it :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

36 minutes ago, MHSN said:

so only athletes capable of top 8 finish can go to the Olympics ? that's weird and stupid.

he is a World Junior Champion and in few years can be a medal contender at the world level. maybe even in Paris 2024. this is very stupid to deny him this chance to gain such an important experience.

do they know lots of those "top 8" at the Worlds are not going to the Olympics?! from what I saw one of them tested positive for doping and 3 of them are not going.

the 8th athlete who is actually going to Tokyo lifted 403kg. maybe that counts in his favor.

btw in case NED rejects the quota. that goes to Israel. fortunately that won't be problematic. Weightlifting is not a head-to-head sport.

Rejected Rejection GIF by HULU

SO C'mon Reject it:p

6 hours ago, Dnl said:

Rejected Rejection GIF by HULU

SO C'mon Reject it:p

Litvinov commented under Kuworge's Instagram post with a middle finger :d 

Spoiler

A friendly one of course, he said "Well fucking done" with both an arm pump, middle finger and a flame :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Does that mean Greece will qualify in 96kg?

the ITG (inside the games) article claims they want to keep 96kg quota which makes sense that will be the weakest weight without most of the favorites.

but I'm not sure what will happen if they withdraw 96kg quota. (or somebody else gets injured or suspended. that's always possible in this sport) per norm if they remove Colombia. Cuba will move up to top 8. so the available quota should go to the next best weightlifter from Pan-America which is Brazil.

but there is something in the qualification rule that says if withdrawal/ban happens after 25 June they won't update the ranking, so I assume in this case they simply give the available quota to the next best athlete which is indeed Greece.