website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Not quite. Zyla takes gold!

Poland beats Germany... in Germany :lol:

Maybe you should talk to a therapist ... ?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Nope. Zyla is an even bigger fluke world champion than Kubacki. 

Obviously not. Everyone had wind in the back in the second round today.

Nobody takes Zyla seriously because of his Abbott & Costello antics off the hill but he just delivered a perfect kick in the teeth right there :p

Completely random result. Another fluke medal for Slovenia. After this season the 3 medals should have gone to Norway, Poland and Germany. After the trainings I thought that Norway might even sweep this  ...

Surprising to see that Norway hasn’t won a medal at the last FIVE individual competitions at worlds (since 2015).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Why? Poland has more gold medals than Germany. That's the perfect therapy :coffee:

What happened to you? Did a German beat you up when you tried to steal his bike?

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Completely random result. Another fluke medal for Slovenia. After this season the 3 medals should have gone to Norway, Poland and Germany. After the trainings I thought that Norway might even sweep this  ...

Surprising to see that Norway hasn’t won a medal at the last FIVE individual competitions at worlds (since 2015).

Everything evens out. The fluke gold medals Norway won with Rune Velta or Lars Bystoel at the Olympics shouldn't be forgotten. I mean Velta never won a single World Cup event and Bystoel only one :lol:

Based on the individual events, the result in the mixed team should be:

1) Slovenia

2) Norway

3) Austria

4) Japan

5) Germany

I think anything but the first 3 winning the medals would be a surprise at this point.

I think World class female athletes are clearly more „valuable“ in the mixed team, since there are far less of them, which is pretty obvious when looking at the gaps in the individual competitions. In the men’s competition the gap between first and 5th was 11.7 points, between first and 10th it was 17.6 points and between first and 15th it was 22.8 points. On the women’s side it was 22.1 points between first and 5th, 37.8 points between first and 10th and 50.3 points between first and 15th. Nations with two world class men and two average women are clearly at an disadvantage compared to nations with two world class women and two average men, not sure if this is fair ...