website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Just now, dcro said:

Tulsi didn't even win American Samoa? :p

Somehow Bloomberg won that one :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, if either Biden or Sanders don’t end up with enough votes to win, Warren can make the “great unitor” play at the convention. I don’t think it would work, but her base is passionately anti-Biden as well.

Warren should just pull out and endorse Sanders at this stage. She keeps splitting the progressive vote while everyone else who pulled out has supported Biden which helped him a lot on ST. Bloomberg will endorse Biden too.

Warren drops out :( Now, it’s down to two old white guys that no one really feels all that enthusiastic about. I believe they’re both older than Trump, and the front runner has voted against more “Democratic” proposals than the guy who isn’t. It’s so embarrassing. A party who praises itself for forward thinking, diversity, and progression comes up with two old white dudes, and no matter which one wins, a good portion of the party will feel alienated.

If I’m on Trump’s Team, I’m really starting to like my odds in November. I think we’ll push Biden or Bernie across, but all the enthusiasm has evaporated from this race in the last week.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Warren drops out :( Now, it’s down to two old white guys that no one really feels all that enthusiastic about. I believe they’re both older than Trump, and the front runner has voted against more “Democratic” proposals than the guy who isn’t. It’s so embarrassing. A party who praises itself for forward thinking, diversity, and progression comes up with two old white dudes, and no matter which one wins, a good portion of the party will feel alienated.

If I’m on Trump’s Team, I’m really starting to like my odds in November. I think we’ll push Biden or Bernie across, but all the enthusiasm has evaporated from this race in the last week.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Old white men dominate politics in the world :dunno: 

Biden delivered a beatdown yesterday. He won every single county in Missouri and racked up 80% in Mississippi. Not to mention winning the biggest state Michigan by over 250,000 votes! (where Sanders beat Clinton four years ago).

Sanders didn't even deliver a speech and bailed out to Vermont :p

On 10/03/2020 at 23:26, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Is that you right now @Olympian1010

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1237228713760047104?s=20

How the hell do i get a twitter post to show up??

You post the link, and then wait a minute until you see it show up as a post. And no, that’s not me. Not so concerned about Bernie losing, but more about the progressive movement dying after him. I did switch my party to Green though :p