website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

26 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Yes but you dont have to take it, i have regular blue shield hmo

Me too :p #ShieldBros 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

LA County will allow voting to continue after the 8pm deadline due to long lines. USA must be the only country who allows such thing? Thankfully this isn't the general election.

In Denmark the leader of the polling place has to check that there are no others wanting to vote before closing. 
In other words, if there were long lines, it would remain open. ;)

17 minutes ago, Agger said:

In Denmark the leader of the polling place has to check that there are no others wanting to vote before closing. 
In other words, if there were long lines, it would remain open. ;)

Nobody has to wait 4 hours to vote in Poland, I suppose nobody has to wait 4 hours in Denmark either ;)

47 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Nobody has to wait 4 hours to vote in Poland, I suppose nobody has to wait 4 hours in Denmark either ;)

Nah. A long wait would be half an hour here, but doesn't change the point that keeping polling open after hours isn't that unusual, though the amount of time would be pretty short.

Because Sanders victory is making me feel very patriotic (towards California), here’s our state anthem, which is actually not that well known, but much better than our national anthem: 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, if you really want to see the “West v. South” or the “West Coast v. East Coast” liberals divide, look at the states Sanders has won. He’s won every single election on the West Coast, and still came close to Biden in Texas. California is still arguably one of the most progressive states in the Union (thankfully), but it’s sad to see the direction the rest of the country has gone in.

3 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

And Bloomberg is retiring and endorsing Biden as well. The moderates consolidated from 4 to 1 (should I count tulsie?)    And Warren still taking votes from Bernie

Tulsi is a non-factor. She is just hoping to stay till Hawaii primary to create a base for either Senate run or Governor run in the future. 

And Tulsi is (was) close to Bernie. IIRC, she had endorsed Bernie in 2016 and was one of the prominent speakers in his favour at last DNC. 

5 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

And Bloomberg is retiring and endorsing Biden as well. The moderates consolidated from 4 to 1 (should I count tulsie?)    And Warren still taking votes from Bernie

Well, if either Biden or Sanders don’t end up with enough votes to win, Warren can make the “great unitor” play at the convention. I don’t think it would work, but her base is passionately anti-Biden as well.