website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

4 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Same happens in India. If you are in line by deadline, you get to vote. In practice, you can show up at polling booth even after deadline, as long as polling booth is active and vote. 

Yes, that is the same in California as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Dolby said:

To be honest, this shows that Biden is indeed the best candidate. His numbers are impressive in 2 of Bernie’s key demographics: Very liberals and Independents. Even in young people, his numbers are not that bad, second best behind Bernie. 

Yeah, I’m currently going through the stages of the grief, and I seem to be moving towards acceptance. I’ll be miserable, sad, and upset with the “adults” in this country, but I will vote for Biden over Trump.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Dolby said:

To be honest, this shows that Biden is indeed the best candidate. His numbers are impressive in 2 of Bernie’s key demographics: Very liberals and Independents. Even in young people, his numbers are not that bad, second best behind Bernie. 

Well, when Barack Obama says "Sanders is too far left" you better take notice. Obama is the best President the Democrats have had since Harry Truman :p

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I’m currently going through the stages of the grief, and I seem to be moving towards acceptance. I’ll be miserable, sad, and upset with the “adults” in this country, but I will vote for Biden over Trump.

I am not so sure. I think Bernie might run as an independent. But if he doesn’t, majority of us knew that you will vote for Biden in November. Its just that you didn’t want to accept that. 

33 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, when Barack Obama says "Sanders is too far left" you better take notice. Obama is the best President the Democrats have had since Harry Truman :p

FDR is the Democratic standard though, and Bernie is similar to him in many ways. But yes, Obama carried Biden to victory. Biden is voted against the democrats quite often, but sure Sanders is the odd man out. It’s whatever the party never changes. Today was the last ever election I vote as a Democrat. I will support individual candidates from different parties, but from here on out, I’m a officially a green voter. I actually want to investigate making a state senate run in 22 for them, if I’ll be eligible.

This whole spectacle over who won is really meaningless, it's not the general elections that winner takes all in every state. Here it's about delegates, so if biden and bernie end up with the same number of delegates in texas but one have slightly higher % , does it really matter?

Just like Iowa, Buttegieg celebrated victory, but the delegates were virtually tied

Edited by Maxim Fastovsky

6 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

This whole spectacle over who won is really meaningless, it's not the general elections that winner takes all in every state. Here it's about delegates, so if biden and bernie end up with the same number of delegates in texas but one have slightly higher % , does it really matter?

Just like Iowa, Buttegieg celebrated victory, but the delegates were virtually tied

California has 400+ delegates. Only 144 are decided by the popular vote. The Democratic primary is anything but. Hence, why I no longer want to endorse them.

To be fair, we’ve already implemented many of the progressive changes we went to see nationally in California. For instance, we already have a medicare-for-all program called “Covered California” the problem is that it’s not free.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

To be fair, we’ve already implemented many of the progressive changes we went to see nationally in California. For instance, we already have a medicare-for-all program called “Covered California” the problem is that it’s not free.

Yes but you dont have to take it, i have regular blue shield hmo

28 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

FDR is the Democratic standard though, and Bernie is similar to him in many ways. But yes, Obama carried Biden to victory. Biden is voted against the democrats quite often, but sure Sanders is the odd man out. It’s whatever the party never changes. Today was the last ever election I vote as a Democrat. I will support individual candidates from different parties, but from here on out, I’m a officially a green voter. I actually want to investigate making a state senate run in 22 for them, if I’ll be eligible.

Oh yes, we even have streets named after FDR in Poland which you might find amusing. He sure gained all the applause from the post-market crash recovery in the 30s. This being said, Yalta Conference was his worst moment, he struck down British Empire but laid a foundation for the Iron Curtain.

PS. If FDR was still alive in the summer of 1945 I'd say you don't drop the nuclear bomb on Hiroshima. That was Truman's no-nonsence hardball. The biggest what if for me is what if Truman was there in Yalta rather than FDR. He'd probably see through Stalin's bullshit one way or another.

Okay, history lecture over! :p

Edited by Monzanator