website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yep, it’s all over. The fucking asshole moderates have won yet again. They sure do love to fuck this country over. I need to stop being hopeful for real change in this country because people aren’t educated. 

It goes with party lines. Sanders sits as Independent in Congress, right? He might side with Dems in voting but they don't trust him to be the big horse in the White House race.

We have something like this in Poland, an MP runs for office from a certain's party list and is a member of the parliament club if he gets elected but he's not a member of the party itself. Sanders strikes me like a guy who's on the party election list but not a member of the party itself. And party officials will indeed backstab him if he grows too big.

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

LA County will allow voting to continue after the 8pm deadline due to long lines. USA must be the only country who allows such thing? Thankfully this isn't the general election.

We allow that quite often in the general election quite often too. As I said, California believes in the power of democracy (even if the rest of the country proves the opposite of that tonight)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

In general elections it's pointless, the dems nominee gets called as the winner about 30 seconds after polls close, as much as i would love it to change, not gonna happen

I think if we went independent it would, but because conservatives can just move to other red states in the US, it won’t. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I think if we went independent it would, but because conservatives can just move to other red states in the US, it won’t. 

They are, Conservatives moving to Texas mainly, but definitely leaving Cali. 

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

We allow that quite often in the general election quite often too. As I said, California believes in the power of democracy (even if the rest of the country proves the opposite of that tonight)

Well, accepting the majority's vote is supposed to be a sign of democracy? ;)  Bickering whether Cal democracy is different or better than the rest of US democracy sounds... ahem... non-democratic :p

Well, if Sanders can hold Texas, win California (while locking Biden out), and decrease the gap in Massachusetts, Sanders may still lead the delegate count after tonight.

57 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

LA County will allow voting to continue after the 8pm deadline due to long lines. USA must be the only country who allows such thing? Thankfully this isn't the general election.

Same happens in India. If you are in line by deadline, you get to vote. In practice, you can show up at polling booth even after deadline, as long as polling booth is active and vote. 

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s a graphic that shows you the biggest divide in the party.

To be honest, this shows that Biden is indeed the best candidate. His numbers are impressive in 2 of Bernie’s key demographics: Very liberals and Independents. Even in young people, his numbers are not that bad, second best behind Bernie.