website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Both in Iran and Afghanistan in 70s Muslims were the much bigger numbers of population , the only things have changed are regimes which enforced wearing hijab over their people which's totally against Islam , Allah told his prophet Mohamed in Quran in Surat el Nahl : Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided. So  those regimes with all due respect used Islam for enforcing their ideas over their people , it doesn't make the problem in Islam , and btw the Islamic world map and regimes changed for ever cuz of US and USSR conflicts , they wanted to replace stable kingdoms with republics where their presidents are much loyal for them 

hace 52 minutos, Olympian1010 said:

Why does the percentage of Muslims in any country matter?

Because people like konig believe that islam is inherently anti-human rights, anti-liberal democracy,  western values in general, etc. So they are afraid that muslims end up "conquering" the west via migration. Such people fully believe in the old "clash of civilizations" hypothesis basically.

6 hours ago, konig said:

Realistic or dont?

8FE.jpg

whoever made this stupid pic never ever read or see anything about Iran.

back in 1970 the regime was secular (still a dictatorship) but the majority was religious and while some people would go the beach like that but the strong majority wouldn't but in current Iran while the regime is religious (even though I don't believe they are really religious ,they just use it as a weapon) but the majority (at least in big cities) are not religious. at least not much religious .

and nobody nowhere in Iran wear Burqa (or whatever they call it)

my points is. the current so-called Islamic regime made Iran much much less Islamic.

Edited by MHSN

hace 48 minutos, Monzanator said:

Well, Iran went from skirts & jeans to hijabs. Hardly a liberal way of order. This can easily happen in Europe too come the next century ;)

Islamic conquest of Persia: VII century. 

Islamic revolution: 1979.

So... no, don't worry that Europe will be like that in "the next century". 

Anyway, I don't accept the premise that "Islam = oppresive regime and lifestyle" as a start but meh, in this forum everyone is a xenophobic right winger lately so I have to follow that logic to discuss this.

12 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Islamic conquest of Persia: VII century. 

Islamic revolution: 1979.

So... no, don't worry that Europe will be like that in "the next century". 

Anyway, I don't accept the premise that "Islam = oppresive regime and lifestyle" as a start but meh, in this forum everyone is a xenophobic right winger lately so I have to follow that logic to discuss this.

Btw , there's nothing called islamic revolution , this revolution was even started by communists per my info who were opposing shah policies , but they wanted from the start to give it an islamic view and they told people that Shah was against Islam and he was a very bad person , just like what happened in Egypt in 1952 , some military officers made a coup against King Farouk and then they called it a people's revolution and many other examples in other countries 

Edited by thepharoah