website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

On 17.4.2016 at 10:55 PM, MHSN said:

I was very wrong with my predictions today :d only Zaseev and Popp.

very impressive results for Estonia, never been a fan of Nabi , but he really deserved his quota today. same goes to Arusaar.

Congrats to all qualified wrestlers, those who lost here have a very tough job to recover and go to Mongolia in less than a week. countries with depth (TUR, AZE etc) will replace them with someone else. I think Mongolian tourney is the best chance if anybody want to qualify, first because 3 will qualify and not 2. second because the field is probably weaker than next tournament in Turkey.

What do you think, who will qualify at the last tournament (how many quota places for Germany)?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

What do you think, who will qualify at the last tournament (how many quota places for Germany)?

I have to check the list of all unqualified wrestlers first , as for Germany I was expecting Ohler and Azizsir to qualify already. specially Ohler. he is probably exhausted now, Germany may want to try another wrestler. Eisele was also so close.

Freestyle is much easier than Greco-Roman in general because of lack of depth, that gives Germany a chance, in general I think Germany can qualify 1 or 2 more male wrestlers. maybe even 3.

I will write a list of all notable remaining wrestlers soon but one thing makes Wrestling unique. most of these wrestlers are 6-7 kg heavier than their competition weight in their normal life. which means they have to cut weight for the competition. because of this participating in too many tournaments without time to recovery is really hard. that's probably the reason we had some surprising results in Mongolia. I think it's not only about technique but more about who is more physically fit. specially in Greco-Roman.

35 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I have to check the list of all unqualified wrestlers first , as for Germany I was expecting Ohler and Azizsir to qualify already. specially Ohler. he is probably exhausted now, Germany may want to try another wrestler. Eisele was also so close.

Freestyle is much easier than Greco-Roman in general because of lack of depth, that gives Germany a chance, in general I think Germany can qualify 1 or 2 more male wrestlers. maybe even 3.

I will write a list of all notable remaining wrestlers soon but one thing makes Wrestling unique. most of these wrestlers are 6-7 kg heavier than their competition weight in their normal life. which means they have to cut weight for the competition. because of this participating in too many tournaments without time to recovery is really hard. that's probably the reason we had some surprising results in Mongolia. I think it's not only about technique but more about who is more physically fit. specially in Greco-Roman.

I hope for 4 more qualified athletes on the mens side:

As you said Öhler, Eisele (2016 european champion) and Azizsir already should have qualified.

We might use Hassler (2nd at 2014 world championships) instead of Öhler for the last tournament, but i dont know if he is fit.

I also hope that Denis Kudla will somehow qualify.

On the womens side i hope that Schellin will qualify.

10 qualified athletes would be really amazing for us. We already have more qualified athletes (5) than in 2012 (4). I am optimistic that we will have at least as many qualified athletes as in 2008 (7). In 2004 we had 9 qualified athletes and in 2000 we had 10 qualified athletes, so we have a realistic chance to reach our best result in more than a decade.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

21 hours ago, Pavlo said:

good news, good luck!!

well, the situation is very weird, he missed 2 chances to fight for Rio because of this mess.  now it will be very hard for him. there only 2 quotas remaining in Istanbul.. the good thing is that he never stoped the trainings, and his coach said in march that the guy (he was in preparation for european qualification tournament in SRB) is in his "career shape" but unfortunately few days later started all this circus

10 hours ago, hckosice said:

well, the situation is very weird, he missed 2 chances to fight for Rio because of this mess.  now it will be very hard for him. there only 2 quotas remaining in Istanbul.. the good thing is that he never stoped the trainings, and his coach said in march that the guy (he was in preparation for european qualification tournament in SRB) is in his "career shape" but unfortunately few days later started all this circus

most of the best are already qualified so he has to try to give his best and...sue WADA if he fails, i will cheer him

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

On 27. 4. 2016 at 06:52, Pavlo said:

most of the best are already qualified so he has to try to give his best and...sue WADA if he fails, i will cheer him

Thanks for support :)

team SVK for last OQT announced and official http://www.zapasenie.sk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/turecko.pdf