website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Me me me me me!

200_s.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

It actually makes sense to take doping right after the control to be honest..

Well yeah, and there's the night in which I think doping control isn't done (maybe in some exceptions?) and you've got hours of time to just take some microdoses :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Green light for slalom opening in Levi

Levi

It’s confirmed, the Audi FIS Ski World Cup opening slaloms will take place in Levi (FIN) on 12th and 13th November 2016. The excellent news came in following the official snow control on Friday by FIS Race Director Markus Mayr.

After a cancellation last season due to mild weather, the Finnish resort was keen to host the ladies’ and men’s slaloms on the Levi Black this year. Fortunately, the temperatures were cold enough in the past days to produce plenty of snow, and the renewed snow making system proved to be efficient.

Levi became a traditional stop on the World Cup Tour and it will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year! Let’s see who will tackle the challenging course the best and be awarded a cute reindeer.

Vonn is out. AGAIN! :cry:

She broke some bone in her arm and it doesn't seem like she'll be back this month/year (hopefully at least this season..). 

I honestly can't even imagine how she manages to always get back and motivated to come back after the millionth injury.. 

Shiffrin seems to be showing early on who is the best slalom skier in the world :bowdown: