website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Opening Ceremony Flag Bearers

Romanian flag bearer will be Catalina Ponor (Artistic-gymnstics), Romanian Olympic Comittee announced today. That means Larisa Iordache won't go to Rio, our comittee voting for Ponor to be our represent in artistic-gymnastics.

Em 6/16/2016 at 03:37, juliosilva disse:

Can't believe I'm just knowing this today! (i was out of Portugal during June)

I'm happy for him but I would prefer a flag bearer from the Sprint Canoe team, they're the ones that have been done an amazing work in the past years! (and won our ONLY medal in London...)

Edited by kungshamra71

2 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

Can't believe I'm just knowing this today! (i was out of Portugal during June)

I'm happy for him but I would prefer a flag bearer from the Sprint Canoe team, they're the ones that have been done an amazing work in the past years! (and won our ONLY medal in London...)

Maybe they won't be in Rio for the Opening? Anyway, sprint canoeing is late in the program.

#banbestmen

15 hours ago, juliosilva said:

:AUS Anna Meares - Cycling 

3 hours ago, vlad said:

Romanian flag bearer will be Catalina Ponor (Artistic-gymnstics), Romanian Olympic Comittee announced today. That means Larisa Iordache won't go to Rio, our comittee voting for Ponor to be our represent in artistic-gymnastics.

29 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

:GRE Sofia Bekatorou (sailing)

Thanks folks. :yes  added :evil:

8 minutos atrás, dcro disse:

Maybe they won't be in Rio for the Opening? Anyway, sprint canoeing is late in the program.

So what? Nelson Evora was our flag-bearer on 2008 and he's a triple jumper (which, just like all athletics, was late in the program). And he actually won a gold medal back them (our only 4th Gold medal ever :))

I think is a nice gest as João Rodrigues is on his 6th olympics (:yikes:), and he'll probably retire, but I still think Fernando Pimenta (Silver in London 2012 and bronze in last year worlds) would be a better choice.

3 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

So what? Nelson Evora was our flag-bearer on 2008 and he's a triple jumper (which, just like all athletics, was late in the program). And he actually won a gold medal back them (our only 4th Gold medal ever :))

I think is a nice gest as João Rodrigues is on his 6th olympics (:yikes:), and he'll probably retire, but I still think Fernando Pimenta (Silver in London 2012 and bronze in last year worlds) would be a better choice.

Well, some of our athletes won't be in Rio for the Opening. That's why Sandra Perković for example couldn't have been chosen for a flag bearer.

#banbestmen