website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Opening Ceremony Flag Bearers

hace 5 horas, hckosice said:

added :yes

Heh, not so fast

He won the voting and received the flag today from the President, but due to his schedule in Rio his coach already said he won't be at the Opening Ceremony. Ibarguen is expected to step in since she placed second.

3 minutes ago, carivan said:

Heh, not so fast

He won the voting and received the flag today from the President, but due to his schedule in Rio his coach already said he won't be at the Opening Ceremony. Ibarguen is expected to step in since she placed second.

ok, I added a warning behind his name, so we can count him as unofficial. when you(we)´ll have something new about how this case will develop, so we´ll be able to update it :)

hace 8 minutos, hckosice said:

ok, I added a warning behind his name, so we can count him as unofficial. when you(we)´ll have something new about how this case will develop, so we´ll be able to update it :)

Cool. Thanks!

On 7/7/2016 at 13:42, carivan said:

Not sure how smart this is when he has qualification the next day at 10:30 am

it should have been Ibarguen

she will be probably now, but still now sure how voting was fair

hace 2 horas, DaniSRB said:

it should have been Ibarguen

she will be probably now, but still now sure how voting was fair

Agreed. There are rumours she might refuse. Pajon already said she wanted someone else because she already did it in London. So there's a big chance that after over 200k votes the flagbearer ends up being Gaviria who only got a little over 9k LOL. Huge mess.

Ahora, DaniSRB said:

why not Nairo or Yuri?

btw will James go?

Nairo wasn't on the selected 7. Back then no one knew if he would go. The road race is the morning after so it would be the same issue as with Jossimar. Yuri was among the 7, and I'd love it it she gets it (same as with any of the others).

Nope. Back in May it was announced James would only go to Copa. Teo and Falcao has publicly said they'd go tho. I don't know about Monaco but if Sporting doesn't want to give permission to the Portuguese I imagine they'd be less inclined to give it to Teo even tho his grandma died last week and he's claiming she asked him to go to the Olympics on her deathbed (This is not a joke, I swear)