website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Ugly or not, we deserved some luck after our two best, Nazaryan and Milov got injuries, when it mattered the most.. We could have had 4, but will get only the 2. 

Which wrestlers both female or male can win quotas for :BUL during next three days in your opinion?

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

both 130kg semifinals ended up 1-1 with both guys trying to be extremely passive in the first period creating some very ugly minutes of wrestling :thumbdown:

even a 10years old kid can understand this needs to change :mad:

Russia and Egypt still have a chance to make their team full tomorrow. AZE will finish with 5 quotas. Iran is still the only country with full Greco team.

Considering how the day went , if time permits could you do a short preview for the Repechage/Last quota place please. 
You did fairly well with your predictions except 77Kg i think. 

Looks like we will send to Paris our the smallest ever wrestling team, with just two womens, another dead sport in Poland after badminton, boxing, artistic gymnastics, archery and more or less rowing...

30 minutes ago, Bulgaria87 said:

Which wrestlers both female or male can win quotas for :BUL during next three days in your opinion?

I have no aspirations at all, after all the flops we have in this sport in past few years. You would think with the women, Selishka, Nikolova, Hristova and Yaneva all could get quotas. 2 of them would be borderline, 3 would be great.

Men's FS i expect nothing. Ramazanov brothers, Vangelov, Naim never seem to make a good tournament from top to bottom and there are always a number of people that manage to beat them.

23 minutes ago, rybak said:

Looks like we will send to Paris our the smallest ever wrestling team

I am afraid, we are going the same way

23 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Considering how the day went , if time permits could you do a short preview for the Repechage/Last quota place please. 
You did fairly well with your predictions except 77Kg i think. 

OK. it's always easier to write something after watching them wrestle 

60kg
I think :SRB Tibilov wins it. no big treat for him. but maybe Korean or mostly Arnaut can challenge him. Tracz had a big win against Abuladze , slim chance for him too. 

67kg

El-Sayed was terrible physically today from the start. he has to cut weight again tomorrow and win 4 matches to qualify. I don't think that happens. Etlinger or Kinsinger wins bronze from the top half. in bottom half Visaitov is the clear favorite but he has to win 4 matches, not an easy task. Koshkar or even Li can beat him. but still I think it goes to :RUS Visaitov

77kg
Levai has to beat Spain (should be easy) then Lithuania (not that easy) and Liu to reach the quota match, hmm,  he can lose in his 2nd or 3rd match. in bottom half Bey or Olofsson will wrestle Lomadze for the bronze. Lomadze lost to Olofsson in Baku but I think that won't happen again, while I also give some chances to the American Kamal Bey , I think it comes down to Levai vs Lomadze with :HUN Levai winning the quota

87kg

Bisultanov is the clear favorite, that's for sure, but there were some worrying signs today. he had a great start but got weaker and weaker in his next matches, he beat Huklek with a dubious call (still surprised why Croatian coaches didn't challenge it) he has to beat the winner of POL/ROU match (both of them are tough guys) and then Gobadze or Kessidis. Sunil Kumar is there too but I don't think he can beat 3 world medalists. I pick :DEN Bisultanov, he is one of my favorite wrestlers but I'm less confident about him than yesterday.

97kg

no clear favorite, no big name, that's wide open for everybody. I think except the SUI, anybody from those 6 wrestlers can win the quota. I pick :GER Lazogianis though. 

130kg:

Nabi will win the bottom half bronze , facing either the Lithuanian (I call him the tree :d) or the Belarus kid. it's a shame but that match most probably ends up 1-1. it's 50/50 coin toss . I think :LTU The tree wins it

------------

if my prediction is correct, then all 18 Greco quotas go to Europe. I hope I'm wrong, some Asian wrestlers can win quota tomorrow. 

Favourites for each of the women’s weightclasses? I know Canada has some quality names, but not sure how likely it is for us to qualify with the draw. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Favourites for each of the women’s weightclasses? I know Canada has some quality names, but not sure how likely it is for us to qualify with the draw. 

No one has a chance imo