website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Hlinchuk is indeed a future star, only 2 or 3 super heavyweight wrestlers in the world can turn Nabi and Knystautas. these guys are huge and strong and he scored against them despite being so much lighter.

I know Khaslakhanov is also very good and won the quota for them at 97kg, but if I was the Belarusian coach, I would try Hlinchuk in his original weight. I really think he stands a chance for gold. 

but I assume they know what's the best for them, if they send Khaslakhanov to Paris at 97kg that probably means he beats Hlinchuk in training matches. 

Massive day in Indian Women's Wrestling!!!

:IND win their 5th Quota and will send their biggest women's wrestling team to Olympics.

The bigger news is that after 16 months of protests, struggle, and criticism to women wrestlers who demanded the arrest of the then WFI President, Brij Bhushan has finally paid off. The former WFI President has been charged with molestation and sexual harrasment by the court of female wrestlers including minors. The protest was led by Vinesh Phogat, multiple world medallist, Bajrang Punia, 2020 Olympic bronze medalist and Sakshi Malik, India's first female Olympic medallist in wrestling.

Truth prevails in the end.

We've had a bunch of disappointments in this Olympic qualification so far in various sports, but if Prevolaraki doesn't qualify then I think that will be the first big shock NQ for us :cry:

And honestly I don't think it will happen, she was 1 win away from the quota three times already before this week, and lost each time, and now it will be very difficult for her to get 3 consecutive wins in the repechage to get the quota...

She said she would've retired after Tokyo if she won a medal, she didn't, so then she said she would go to Paris and end her career there regardless of if she won a medal or not, and did very well in 2022 and 2023, but now she probably won't even qualify for Paris :facepalm:

Chamizo survived by the skin of his teeth, again he fought his heart out in the 2nd period and scored the winning takedown only in last 2-3 seconds

wasted lots of energy in this match which wasn't supposed to be challenging. next round will be a bit harder.

Just now, MHSN said:

Chamizo survived by the skin of his teeth, again he fought his heart out in the 2nd period and scored the winning takedown only in last 2-3 seconds

wasted lots of energy in this match which wasn't supposed to be challenging. next round will be a bit harder.

I don't know if you saw the match, but why it was 6 points for the chinese? 2 for roll+2 for technique. Maybe double roll?