website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

12 hours ago, Josh said:

Favourites for each of the women’s weightclasses? I know Canada has some quality names, but not sure how likely it is for us to qualify with the draw. 

Linda Morais is good but having a bad draw in 68kg with Hristova and Feng in same half

Posted (edited)

Women's Wrestling 

50kg :AZE  is the favourite in top half. :PRK can challenge but as seen at Asian OQ she gets tired towards end. Stadnik also lost in dying seconds at EOQ.:BUL could be a dark horse.

Bottom half :NGRGenesis is favourite but :GERBlayvas is good too.

I go with :AZE:PRK:NGR

53: Very difficult to call. :HUNOrsus looked out of form in EOQ so I go with :MDA. Bottom half is complicated but I pickle Annika Wendle :GER and :GREPrevolarki.

57: Top half is hard 

:RUS:PRK should go through with :AZE as one to look out. Bottom half easy one for :BUL.

62. Very difficult top half

:ROUIncze is the best wrestler in the field and should go through.:CHN:IND:BLR are also in the same half but I predict :IND to go through (a little bias). :MDA should go through in bottom half with :TUR wrestler with some chance though weight cut will be her issue.

68 Two good wrestlers Hristova:BUL and Zhou :CHN are in same half at bottom both should go.:INDNisha is the best in the top half with :ROU:CZE able to challenge her.

76 :KAZSyzdykova and :ROU Axente are good in the former and I expect both to qualify. :AUT takes on :BUL in 1st match winner of this will win quota probably and the other has chance through Repechage I prefer the former to win quota directly.

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

Wait so if I’ve got this right, if :GRE Prevolarki wins her semifinal match, then :CAN Godinez will have a second chance through repechage? :question:

Posted (edited)

one of my problems with women's wrestling is some of them keep changing their name :d sometimes even 2-3 times during their careers

why Alina Hrushina is competing under her old name Akobiia ? is she divorced Mr Hrushyn already or just an administration mistake ? (that's still Hrushyna on back of her singlet)

Edited by MHSN

15 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Women's Wrestling 

57: Top half is hard 

:PRK should go through with :AZE as one to look out. Bottom half easy one for :BUL.

:PRK is out. Alina Hrushina-Akobiia won by fall