website statistics

British Swimming Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

5 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

James Wilby takes Kieran Bird’s record of narrowest miss as well

Seems like the expectation is that Wilby will get selected. Backup for the medley relays at least

1 minute ago, RussB said:

Seems like the expectation is that Wilby will get selected. Backup for the medley relays at least

And he has good chance to get the 200m standard later on in the week but either way, I'd be pretty sure he'll get a spot on the team

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

Have to; if Peaty's progress from 59.1 to 57.9 continues toward PAris, both the medley's become fair game - and that would require giving Adam a bit of rest.

1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

And he has good chance to get the 200m standard later on in the week but either way, I'd be pretty sure he'll get a spot on the team

Outside the superstars in the medal hunt, a sub 1.00 Breaststroke is absolutely motoring, several relay teams in the medleys won't match that.

33 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Freya Colbert, Abbie Wood, Medi Harris and Lucy Hope should be on the train. 

Hopefully Wood also takes the quota for the individual event.

6 quotas allocated...

2 seconds beneath the relay Q time combined, they're in. Anderson, if regains fitness and form, will slot in as Colbert won't race the 200 Free in Paris, so won't take up an excess quota.

my other takeaway from tonight was in the junior girls 200m freestyle. Amelie was absolutely nowhere at 150 and stormed back to almost win the entire thing. She sets a PB in the process and the way she came back is very encouraging for her 1500m tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

my other takeaway from tonight was in the junior girls 200m freestyle. Amelie was absolutely nowhere at 150 and stormed back to almost win the entire thing. She sets a PB in the process and the way she came back is very encouraging for her 1500m tomorrow.

Juniors across the board have been on pretty good form today, posting some impressive drops to their PBs. 

4 minutes ago, RussB said:

I hope she doesn’t just miss out like Kierian Bird has done.